Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1117: biggie1

Author: Bitje
Size: 201x201

Desc:
my 1ST

Karsten75

I don't really have an idea of what to do here. The lack of weapons seem to preclude the use of upgrades and the strength of the emitters and runners makes me think this may be a bit of a slog. Not really having fun ATM.  

Edit:

Right, now I'm just sick and tired of this. If there is a good way to play this I have yet to find it.

teknotiss

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 08, 2014, 10:11:53 PM
I don't really have an idea of what to do here. The lack of weapons seem to preclude the use of upgrades and the strength of the emitters and runners makes me think this may be a bit of a slog. Not really having fun ATM.  

Edit:

Right, now I'm just sick and tired of this. If there is a good way to play this I have yet to find it.

i gave up a bit earlier on this one. i think you need to get those totems and use the singularity weapon to push forwards. but i can't face the slog right now! :D
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Karsten75

Quote from: teknotiss on September 09, 2014, 11:29:16 AM

i gave up a bit earlier on this one. i think you need to get those totems and use the singularity weapon to push forwards. but i can't face the slog right now! :D

In my second screenshot, I did have the totems and have used the Singularity weapon - still it's no fun battling multiple 1,000 and 2,000 strength emitters with just a singularity weapon, blasters and sprayers. (I've mostly neutralized the early threat of the runners that inhibited me for the longest of times.)

Edit: Just realized I took screenshots and not map shots. Here is a map image of where I called it quits.

teknotiss

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 09, 2014, 11:46:51 AM
Quote from: teknotiss on September 09, 2014, 11:29:16 AM

In my second screenshot, I did have the totems and have used the Singularity weapon - still it's no fun battling multiple 1,000 and 2,000 strength emitters with just a singularity weapon, blasters and sprayers. (I've mostly neutralized the early threat of the runners that inhibited me for the longest of times.)

Edit: Just realized I took screenshots and not map shots. Here is a map image of where I called it quits.

well your a braver dude than me on this one, i just can't see the point, it'll take ages, and i love sloggy maps normally.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Bitje

Ty for the comments.
I will use them.

BTW true is is just pffffff as a map.

Karsten75

Quote from: teknotiss on September 09, 2014, 02:15:09 PM

well your a braver dude than me on this one, i just can't see the point, it'll take ages, and i love sloggy maps normally.

I would have thought this map, with it's reliance on terraforming and AC would have been right up your street.

teknotiss

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 17, 2014, 03:29:29 PM
Quote from: teknotiss on September 09, 2014, 02:15:09 PM

I would have thought this map, with it's reliance on terraforming and AC would have been right up your street.

i know, it should be, but this sort of sloggy map usually has a ton more ac or ore mines easy(ish) to grab.
if i was to advise on a future map of this style, perhaps a lot more ore/free AC, and a lot of low power emitters or spore towers that can be grabbed for the PZ's (to use as terp and sprayer positions) early on.
i think it's nearly a fun long map, but just a bit too much hard work on the grinding.
perhaps helpers constant complaint of size might be valid here too. 2/3rds the size and a slight reduction in C strength might have improved this map a lot.