Artifacts of Odin - Can you use them for anything?

Started by Jdban, October 14, 2013, 12:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavemaniac

Quote from: iycgtptyarvg on October 21, 2013, 04:09:20 AM

I've tried the 'mass' super weapon, but it was more of a hindrance than a boon. The ridges made it harder to approach the emitter.

Don't give up on it!

The Mass Driver is my favourite weapon!

Use the ridges to your advantages to block creeper flow.

Make a big 'creeper sump' by punching a hole over an emitter, the ridges have places big enough to put nullifiers to blow the emitters, and a mortar just outside the crater stops it from overflowing.

Try my map 'Landscape Abuse 101' in the Alpha sector for a map where you can go to town with Mass Drivers!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

iamted

damn i been trying to figure out how to unlock those extra orbitals, never thought to look after collection of artifacts.  ive been playing these maps all wrong. 

Nephthys

For some reason, I had it in my head that the more you collected the better. So now I get it that an artifact is only useful on the map where it was found.

Man, did I misunderstand how they work or what?! I know I read a comment somewhere that gave me the impression that you could load a Bertha with AC. Evidently I misread it. This was way back when I was still in Story Mode. Probably I am getting several comments mixed together in my head.

Live and learn. (And trying not to think of how many I've wasted.   :'( )