Aether world in virgilw system??

Started by dappadan2007@yahoo.com, October 09, 2013, 01:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dappadan2007@yahoo.com

Hi guys. I might be a bit of a noob... but I'm playing this simple map, and my snipers don't seem to want to target the enemies on the rails? Can't seem to find what I'm doing wrong?

J

In that map, you can't shoot the gliders with your snipers. Try to find another way to kill the dome.
Spoiler
Terraform the rail
[close]

hapes

Huh.  I didn't use your technique to finish that world.  I just
Spoiler
created an assault force fed by guppies, and put a nullifier by the glider generator.  Took a little longer as the gliders kept stunning my nullifier, but worked in the end.
[close]

Grauniad

Quote from: hapes on October 10, 2013, 08:49:52 AM
Huh.  I didn't use your technique to finish that world.
Spoiler
Huh. To the best of my recollection, those glides destroy things with a huge beam... They don't stun anything at all.
[close]
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

hapes

Hmm...Then I
Spoiler
spammed targets closer to the gliders than the nullifier until it killed it.  I think.
[close]

sabinou

I think the best way to beat this map is to :

- Send terps to terraform the walls on which the gliders move. One level higher and the evil gliders can't come closer. You've got to send the terps early enough to block the gliders quick, before creeper covers everything

- Spend all your aether in Building speed and Packet speed. Also requires early energizing of the Totems, guppy-powered.

- build an assault force around the glider emitter, made of a few Cannons and Mortars, to keep creeper at bay, of a few Strafers, attack from two sides, connected by Relays, and then SPAM-INSTALL COLLECTORS AROUND THE DAMN EMITTER, with just one tiny Annihilator hidden among the collectors ;)
Re-click to re-create new collectors as soon as one of them is made to explode.
Luckily, the gliders will spend their time bombing the collectors, and your annihilator will have time to bomb that evil glider emitter.
After this, spend all your aether on Firing Range to make life easier, and bang! win the map :)

So far my best time on that map is 09:13.5 (it's my first time ever staying ranked #1 for more than a pair of minutes, woohoo ^^) (Edit : gained 2 minutes with more agressive simultaneous attacks and moving my command center, just in time, someone was going to steal my spot ^^), so I think I can fairly assume that's a working stragegy  :P