Custom Map #4397: No Rush -By Leo. By: LEØ

Started by AutoPost, April 27, 2017, 02:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4397: No Rush -By Leo

Author: LEØ
Size: 159x159

Desc:
Hey guys! It's me once again! So, today i have a new map for you which you might all like! It's called No rush. It's Another chapter of my mini campaing. I have used a lot of other's people scrips and images which i do NOT claim as my own. Just to ensure everyone. I hope all you beatiful people will enjoy, since i have spend a lot of time making this map :)

D0m0nik

Fantastic job on this, a really great map. Holding the three corners at the start was a real challenge and I had to restart 3 or 4 times to get it.

Varied techniques are needed to defeat the end so the map does not tail off into a clean up as many challenging maps do. 10 out of 10 from me!

LEØ

Thank you very much for your response! I am very happy that you have find my map fun to play. I'll be sure to make more maps!  :o 8)

wulliwusch

got stuck. anybody can help? thx

Karsten75

I'm not sure. Primarily I'd have suggested that at best you should hold two or all three the islands with resources.

I only managed to hold two islands. That gave me some Berthas and some Ǣther to work with.

You may want to try just building a pile of units, some guppies and see if you can just invade either of the bottom left or top right islands.

Johnny Haywire

If you really don't want to restart, I'd suggest using 2 of your CN's to power up the totems on one island. That'll give you a little aether to work with which will make it easier to take an island.

If you're not the kind who likes to manage multiple islands, you can do a pretty simple turtle-up in this map which won't require any pausing after the first few minutes. I saw Dom had to restart when taking all 3 islands at once so that just sounded too stressful. Here's a simple single-base strategy you can use:
Spoiler
I picked the lower left island but if this map is too challenging, it should work for the upper left island too. The main thing is to land 2 CN's and pick up the four berthas. Land another CN in a corner & move your 3rd CN to help your base. Build 2 ore mines, a sprayer, some beams in the corner (so they only target the main threats) and one or two blasters & mortars. The AC is abundant, so use that to your advantage.
[close]

An easy way to take out a few of those spore towers / emitters on the edge:
Spoiler
Fly your CN over the PZ's and build a nullifier on it. You can take out several emitters like that, with no real effort or danger on your part.  ;)
[close]

To LEA - Awesome map! Probably one of my top 10 favorites of all time! Excellent job!  ;D ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

D0m0nik

Yeah best to keep hold of the islands, you will struggle now however:

Spoiler
You can build up a large number of units and fly them over to the islands to clear a way, include some full sprayers as well and then land a CN when the coast is clear. Use snipers for the little strange rail units.

For the final assault you need berthas. Blast one of the long strips of creep just above the clear channels with the moving creeper squares and then land CNs and some fully charged units to set up a base there, support with guppies including AC ones.
[close]

Johnny is right though, if you ever have 3 CN's and some totems in creep use the two extars to harvest aether.

Johnny Haywire

Btw, the way I did it, there's really little "struggle" involved. Once you secure the first island you just bertha the other islands and bomb them with napalm... er, I mean AC. It's nowhere near as clever and sophisticated as Dom's strat - but once you secure the first island you shouldn't have any problem after that.

Every time I've tried securing 3 different bases the way Dom & others can, I end up forgetting something which causes me to get wiped out, which makes me feel unhappy and distressed, which eventually leads to me setting the house on fire again. So since the wife has asked me to stop using the homemade flamethrower indoors I've resorted to just going the "easy route" on most of these maps. Please don't ask me the best way to do something. Easiest way, perhaps but not the best.

And btw, "low calorie" ice cream has about 15% more air in it than regular ice cream. Check the weight per serving if ya doubt that. I'm not saying that was my idea too, but adding air is the easiest way I can think of to reduce the amount of calories in something that's sold by volume. Easy isn't always best. Just sayin'.   ;)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

LEØ

I would like to THANK, to everybody for your beautiful responses! You have no idea how happy your comments made me. I am sooo grateful!  :-* :-* :-* By the way, you have to get those 4 berthas i've provided you with. They are absolute when it comes capturing that island in the lower east corner. Btw, i highly suggest doing the tactis as boys above me have suggested. Capture those berthas in the start, start bombarding those other island and finally capture the last one. Btw, when you're trying to capture it i suggest sending some guppies and plasma cannons in this spot. Be sure to make place for a nulifier too. After nulifiing both 2 spore towers and the emmiter, place a rail to connect to your main island so you'll wont have to rely on guppies. Be sure to max out your forge upgrades too!

LEØ

Quote from: LEØ on May 03, 2017, 09:06:11 AM
I would like to THANK, to everybody for your beautiful responses! You have no idea how happy your comments made me. I am sooo grateful!  :-* :-* :-* By the way, you have to get those 4 berthas i've provided you with. They are absolute when it comes capturing that island in the lower east corner. Btw, i highly suggest doing the tactis as boys above me have suggested. Capture those berthas in the start, start bombarding those other island and finally capture the last one. Btw, when you're trying to capture it i suggest sending some guppies and plasma cannons in this spot. Be sure to make place for a nulifier too. After nulifiing both 2 spore towers and the emmiter, place a rail to connect to your main island so you'll wont have to rely on guppies. Be sure to max out your forge upgrades too! Be sure to post pictures how you have beaten my map too! I am very interested in that! :)