Wierd image twitching when changing images with PRPL

Started by kajacx, April 08, 2017, 11:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kajacx

I am making an Overwatch-themed map where ships will have some abilities that are on cooldown. However when I got to displaying the cooldown, I noticed a weird twitching happening on certain zooms when changing the images: .

The twitching only happens on the middle zoom and not when zoomed out or zoomed in. The red cooldown meter below in the video twitches just like the cooldown on the ship, it's just not as visible because of bad video quality. This is the test script for the red cooldown meter: (CDTest.prpl in the attached save file)

getgametimeframes 180.0 div 1 mod 1 swap sub ->cd

<-cd 64 mul 0 round 64 min 0 max ->id
Self "main" "Custom" <-id Concat SetImage #Custom[0-64]
Self "main" "Ships" SetImageLayer
Self "main" 2 SetImageOrder
Self "main" 1 1 SetImageScale
Self "main" 255 0 0 255 SetImageColor

Does anyone know what is causing this, and how to prevent it?
Why do work yourself, when you can write a program that will do the work for you.

GoodMorning

Well, I'm fairly sure that as long as you don't reset the custom image to "NONE" at any point, the other settings persist for that image slot across image changes. While this may not treat the cause, the symptoms might vanish.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

kajacx

Hm, setting all the settings (color, scale, order) in a once block and then changing only the image name doesn't help. Using the "pp" image slots doesn't help eighter. I have, however, not tried other sizes than 64 px.

I will use bar-like cooldowns instead of clock-like, those are used in overwatch anyway.
Why do work yourself, when you can write a program that will do the work for you.