Custom Map #10199: 10120 PAC. By: builder17

Started by AutoPost, August 10, 2022, 09:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10199: 10120 PAC

Author: builder17
Size: 86x62

Desc:
Tricky #PAC map where Abraxis has 2 PZ mortars, multiple PZ strafers and 1 PZ bertha defending their small fort. But we will show them that no defence can keep the creeper in bay! Please check the forum thread of this map for a walkthrough if you are having trouble winning it. :)) #Hard start #Anticreeper #PZMortar #PZBertha #PZStrafer

Builder17

Quote from: AutoPost on August 10, 2022, 09:27:04 AM
Walkthrough if you are having trouble winning it. :)
Here you go!

PZ mortars ended up being more challenging to defeat, than I expected them to be.
So not sure if I will use them in my future PAC maps, at least not that near to the start.

Loren Pechtel

While I'm not as fast I completely don't understand how that video works--I'm nowhere near being able to take out that sprayer.

Builder17

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on August 10, 2022, 09:18:24 PM
While I'm not as fast I completely don't understand how that video works--I'm nowhere near being able to take out that sprayer.

I don't know all the things that may affect to it either, but here's some:
- Check if any of the sprayers are shooting into digitalis, having too much AC on the map will make progressing harder.

- Is there active digitalis under many enough totems? Seems that 5 is enough.

Hope it helps! :)
If you could give a screenshot of where you are stuck on or at least more details, I would appreciate it!

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Builder17 on August 11, 2022, 11:37:13 AM
Quote from: Loren Pechtel on August 10, 2022, 09:18:24 PM

I don't know all the things that may affect to it either, but here's some:
- Check if any of the sprayers are shooting into digitalis, having too much AC on the map will make progressing harder.

- Is there active digitalis under many enough totems? Seems that 5 is enough.

Hope it helps! :)
If you could give a screenshot of where you are stuck on or at least more details, I would appreciate it!

I'm nowhere near able to push against that sprayer.

Builder17

Making the field push creeper towards the map border can be good strategy when there is something near enough.

Also, shorter field = stronger push.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Builder17 on August 11, 2022, 02:17:11 PM
Making the field push creeper towards the map border can be good strategy when there is something near enough.

Also, shorter field = stronger push.

I never knew that.  Totems = stronger push but other than that I thought only the direction mattered.

Builder17

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on August 11, 2022, 04:45:21 PM
I never knew that.  Totems = stronger push but other than that I thought only the direction mattered.

This message made me wonder how reasonable it would be to make some kind of PAC tactics teaching map some day in future, thanks!

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Builder17 on August 12, 2022, 09:14:07 AM
Quote from: Loren Pechtel on August 11, 2022, 04:45:21 PM

This message made me wonder how reasonable it would be to make some kind of PAC tactics teaching map some day in future, thanks!

That did it, once I got that sprayer it didn't stop me elsewhere.