[Suggestion] Highlight lathe targets in range of lathe when moving a Lathe ship

Started by Grabarz, October 03, 2016, 12:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grabarz

So here's one I thought about - when you move a ship with a lathe to a target you want to destroy, it's usually optimal to position it on the very edge of the lathe range. It seems to me like over 50% of the target needs to be in lathe range for it to activate, but it's still hard to tell sometimes. It would be a really nice quality of life addition if lathe targets highlighted if they're in range.

Sorrontis

You lathe range has to be over the center portion of the item.

What I would love to see is selection of what to lathe first, especially if there's multiple emitters/pickups/etc all within the same range.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Kharnellius

+1  Yes, I like this idea.  This is just like how CW3 worked when the range would change color when a nullifier was in range of an emitter, etc.

Grabarz

Quote from: Sorrontis on October 03, 2016, 02:26:00 PM
You lathe range has to be over the center portion of the item.

What I would love to see is selection of what to lathe first, especially if there's multiple emitters/pickups/etc all within the same range.

Oh yeah, I would love to see this as well. It can get tedious having to constantly change lathe targets on the ship. However, it would be better feedback if we figured out a good way how this can be done, because I can't come up with one right now.

Highlighting the items would be a good starting point. Then, perhaps some way to click on the highlighted items in order you want the ship to lathe them in? I can't think of a way to make it user friendly.

bugbrain_04

Quote from: Grabarz on October 03, 2016, 12:48:51 PM
So here's one I thought about - when you move a ship with a lathe to a target you want to destroy, it's usually optimal to position it on the very edge of the lathe range. It seems to me like over 50% of the target needs to be in lathe range for it to activate, but it's still hard to tell sometimes. It would be a really nice quality of life addition if lathe targets highlighted if they're in range.

Great idea.