What I would like to see in a future patch

Started by pawel345, October 05, 2013, 12:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknotiss

Quote from: Clean0nion on April 05, 2014, 11:00:53 AM
Quote from: teknotiss on April 04, 2014, 07:24:13 PM
i'd like a "randomise time/strength" etc option in the unit attributes panels
it'd be extra nice if it had another button for each option that is "randomise a little" from the number you set.
(i like to have spores launch in "near to each others time intervals" waves, but i'm not bothered about the precise difference in time)
these would save me a lot of time in the mapping process, especially for spore towers.
CRPL. Just keep a script to hand.

nope i'm after a CRPL free experience for mapper who just want to map, not code.
if this isn't too hard to implement it'd add to the basic mappers tools, making them:
a: make more maps (this is always good!), and
b: maybe get into coding after making a load of basic maps
i'm not against CRPL, but i want non coders to have a fun editor to use that makes the process simpler and smoother.
an example is a map i'm working on now, it has about 30 spore towers, each firing 1x100C payload spore at 2:30 and then every 30 secs after that. i would prefer to be able to just hit a button on each spore tower and have them vary just their firing cycles by a few secs each, since editing each time interval is REALLY REALLY slow, and smashing my head against a desk is painful so i'm not writing a script ;), at the mo i'm settling for all spore launching at the same time this is disappointing, but less annoying than the other options ::)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

planetfall

Quote from: teknotiss on April 05, 2014, 02:45:25 PM
Quote from: Clean0nion on April 05, 2014, 11:00:53 AM
Quote from: teknotiss on April 04, 2014, 07:24:13 PM
i'd like a "randomise time/strength" etc option in the unit attributes panels
it'd be extra nice if it had another button for each option that is "randomise a little" from the number you set.
(i like to have spores launch in "near to each others time intervals" waves, but i'm not bothered about the precise difference in time)
these would save me a lot of time in the mapping process, especially for spore towers.
CRPL. Just keep a script to hand.

nope i'm after a CRPL free experience for mapper who just want to map, not code.
if this isn't too hard to implement it'd add to the basic mappers tools, making them:
a: make more maps (this is always good!), and
b: maybe get into coding after making a load of basic maps
i'm not against CRPL, but i want non coders to have a fun editor to use that makes the process simpler and smoother.
an example is a map i'm working on now, it has about 30 spore towers, each firing 1x100C payload spore at 2:30 and then every 30 secs after that. i would prefer to be able to just hit a button on each spore tower and have them vary just their firing cycles by a few secs each, since editing each time interval is REALLY REALLY slow, and smashing my head against a desk is painful so i'm not writing a script ;), at the mo i'm settling for all spore launching at the same time this is disappointing, but less annoying than the other options ::)

If you don't want to code, here's a script for ya, as a temporary solution.

0 0 999 GetEnemyUnitsInRange 0 do
->uid
<-uid GetUnitType "SPORETOWER" eq if
RandFloat 0.2 mul 0.9 add 4500 mul asint ->timer
<-uid 0 "STARTTIME" <-timer SetScriptVar
endif
loop

Derp... randfloat not randint...
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

teknotiss

Quote from: planetfall on April 05, 2014, 03:37:36 PM
If you don't want to code, here's a script for ya, as a temporary solution.

0 0 999 GetEnemyUnitsInRange 0 do
->uid
<-uid GetUnitType "SPORETOWER" eq if
RandFloat 0.2 mul 0.9 add 4500 mul asint ->timer
<-uid 0 "STARTTIME" <-timer SetScriptVar
endif
loop

Derp... randfloat not randint...

cheers dude, i'll give it a go, but i'd still like it inbuilt, a really good editor is a great advert for an awesome game! so i want to keep seeing if we can improve it. 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

F0R

I would really like to see the play count of the map in the highscores again

J

What I would like to see: Auto-sort by score instead of time.
reason
Otherwise it wouldn't really matter to get a lot of extra points with 2 hours extra game time, as nobody will see it (well, you can, but does anyone ever click the sort by score button?). Addictionally time affects score but score doesn't affect time. Say if I remade that map where you had three minutes to pick up points for CW3, which highscore table would you want to see? And for maps without extra points, would it matter? No.
[close]

Karsten75

Quote from: J on April 07, 2014, 02:16:39 PM
What I would like to see: Auto-sort by score instead of time.

Fact of the matter is most people play for time, not score. That has been established time over time. Look back at all the maps that had scores and time. People rushed it for time and then *maybe* some went back and played it for score.

By now, asking for the default sort to be score is one of those things that I just don't see happening. Too much water under the bridge. About 2 years' worth of it... :) This should have been a push during early beta, not now.

Kharnellius

Minor thing I just thought of...

When you submit your score it updates the scoreboard below it.  It would be kind of neat if your own username were highlighted in yellow to easily find it in the list of submitted scores.

DavidMadsen

A way to know which planets have been fully prospected, not only cleared of emitters.

DavidMadsen

The islands are never a threat and can always be left alone, it would be much cooler either if the creepers starts to emigrate after a certain height or if a certain concentration automaticaly spits out a spore somewhere nearby (not targeting you)

Michionlion

Quote from: DavidMadsen on April 26, 2014, 03:30:08 PM
The islands are never a threat and can always be left alone, it would be much cooler either if the creepers starts to emigrate after a certain height or if a certain concentration automaticaly spits out a spore somewhere nearby (not targeting you)

after reaching a density of 500 Creeper will spill into the void (the void acts like level 500 terrain).
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

DavidMadsen

The viscosity is way to high...
I had really hoped for tsunamis (given that the damage of the creepers would be based on local amount) or at least a flood when they overcome my walls, because now my trenches are effective even at one pixel's width :\
Calling it liquid is hardly accurate... it's more like blue magma

knucracker

Make a new custom map, add a core, remove the image, uncheck all of the checked radio buttons.
Add a script with the following and attach it to your core.  Save and enjoy :)

once
SetCreeperFlowRate(1)
SetCreeperEvaporationLimit(0)
endonce

DavidMadsen

Ok, never tried the project... it's a bit intimidating, maybe a tutorial would be in order.

teknotiss

Quote from: DavidMadsen on April 27, 2014, 04:01:02 AM
Ok, never tried the project... it's a bit intimidating, maybe a tutorial would be in order.

try this part of the forums http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?board=25.0
the code monkeys are usually really helpful to any queries or help with scripts etc!

ZackNAttack

Quote from: teknotiss on April 27, 2014, 09:30:38 AM
Quote from: DavidMadsen on April 27, 2014, 04:01:02 AM

try this part of the forums http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?board=25.0
the code monkeys are usually really helpful to any queries or help with scripts etc!
I'm a monkey! Ooh-ooh-aah-aah!
Zack on cw3