Custom Map #130: Unstable Rifts. By: Patchouli

Started by AutoPost, October 08, 2016, 01:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #130: Unstable Rifts

Author: Patchouli
Size: 270x480

Desc:
The emitters in this system are... particularly unstable. Engineer your own way to defeat them, but be quick, as particles might not be the deadliest threat...

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

svartmes

Wow. First map I've played that I would consider "hard" but still totally fair and overall well-designed.
Great map!

Sorrontis

Quote from: svartmes on October 09, 2016, 09:22:11 AM
Wow. First map I've played that I would consider "hard" but still totally fair and overall well-designed.
Great map!
My feelings are hurt!  >:( (j/k)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Stickman

Quote from: svartmes on October 09, 2016, 09:22:11 AM
fair

One particle beam (for a good half of the map) on the plasma-heavy map is hardly fair
=====> This is a moderately pointy stick. You need to poke me with it once in three days if you need PRPL from me

svartmes

Quote from: Sorrontis on October 09, 2016, 11:37:32 AM
My feelings are hurt!  >:( (j/k)

Haha I'm sorry! :D  Seriously though, I would definitely call "the bell tolls" fair, hard and well-designed. You are one of the top mapdesigners for this game and I love your maps!

jaworeq

Wow. That's the best map I have played. Took me 50 minutes, but i was occupied for every single second, never had to wait 5 minutes for a ship to build (using stock ships help, since they're small).
Nasty move with setting up that trap with ticon derelict. Activating them screws up everything.
Spoiler
Best way to kill those "olympics" emitters is to find an angle and send lathes in with lasers off. As long as you dont bother them, they will allow you to nullify the emitter. Once you start shooting, everything goes haywire.
[close]

fumbuckle

Beautiful. I really enjoyed pondering how I was going to make my next move, and which emitter to try for next. I disturbed the rift in the middle, unfortunately, and things got a bit messy, but I got a great time, somehow.