Another unpopular thought from ChWooly

Started by chwooly, September 22, 2016, 05:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chwooly

Quote from: virgilw on September 22, 2016, 09:04:56 PM
Quote from: planetfall on September 22, 2016, 08:54:24 PM
Does this change also apply to cores that are damaged by particles? A certain map may need some tweaking...

Good question....
It will apply to any unit damaged by a virtual particle.  A virtual particle is an invisible 'particle' held under an emergent, or under a hull section.  It is there to interact with the collision data structures.

So it should not affect particle on unit collisions.  But it could affect ship on unit collisions and emergent on unit collisions.  If need be, and we don't like the results, I can narrow the scope of the change down so it only affects emergent on omni collision.

I'm doing a beta 21 build right now and it will be up in 30 min or so.  We can give it a day and see what if anything it affects in a negative way.

Thanks ;D
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

chwooly

So I have been messing about since the new update. Maybe it is me but the emergents seem to have been tweaked a little and for me it is for the better. They are still annoying as before however now it is not so bad since they can still 1 hit kill omni's if they are big enough they are not doing it with the frequency of before.

I think overall it was a most welcome change and not one that made it overly easy, They still frustrate me but now I don't want to smash my screen

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

GoodMorning

In the Story-15 thread, it was being discussed how overly powerful the Omnis now are. The changelog indicates that Omnis are going back to being a 1-hit kill from emergent, but that the emergent will take damage in the process, preventing a single one from destroying the entire Omni cluster. Virgil is still trying to balance the game, and it's impossible to please everyone all of the time.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Cavemaniac

I'm loving the toned-down emergent in beta 21...
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.