The Mother class of ships

Started by Karsten75, September 21, 2016, 12:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

Almost indestructible, hard to build and slow to get going, but... If you rea mega-corporation and you need a ship to get it done...

Introducing the Mother-class range of ships.

These ships are designed to operate independently and can manage to operate out of range of energy sources for extended periods of time.

Currently there are two ships in the class, but additional models are planned.

The MotherLathe
MotherLathe

MotherLathe in action!
[close]
[close]
The MotherTank
MotherTank
[close]

Please note. If you have to ask how much they cost, your corporation probably cannot afford the licensing fees.

Tjgalon

man, almost 40 minutes, lol.
what the think if front of the command module, and the blue thing behind the lethe for the 2nd ship?

Karsten75

Both ships are equipped with charging ports  (USB-r5 compatible) and the MotherTanke is also able to hold a meaningful dialogue with stunners.

Tjgalon

hmmm, guess I need to full around more, or wait on the missions to help explain them.

Vanguard

Karsten, have you measured how long it takes to build them with a fully charged build-speed upgrade? Would be a pretty cool idea to have one of those ultimate ships being built in the background whilst you need to hold the particles off.

GoodMorning

PRPL plan: A ship plan which is in pieces. It can be built at the beginning, but is of little use. As you collect additional plan segments, different parts can build and come online.

To facilitate this, a ship API request: an option to specify build completion for certain ship segments.

This would prevent the ship from needing to be modified after building, and also stop a great power drain caused by constant destruction of uncollected parts and rebuild attempts. Also good for a ship which can be permanently damaged. Yes, Sorrontis, that reminded me of you.

Plans for PRPL to accelerate parts of ship building are already in the works.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorrontis

Quote from: GoodMorning on September 22, 2016, 06:23:55 AM
PRPL plan: A ship plan which is in pieces. It can be built at the beginning, but is of little use. As you collect additional plan segments, different parts can build and come online.

To facilitate this, a ship API request: an option to specify build completion for certain ship segments.

This would prevent the ship from needing to be modified after building, and also stop a great power drain caused by constant destruction of uncollected parts and rebuild attempts. Also good for a ship which can be permanently damaged. Yes, Sorrontis, that reminded me of you.

Plans for PRPL to accelerate parts of ship building are already in the works.

I'm honoured.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

ShadeOfRed

Quote from: Tjgalon on September 21, 2016, 01:27:58 PM
hmmm, guess I need to full around more, or wait on the missions to help explain them.

Let me translate.  ;) He means they both can function like a tanker and resupply ships on the go, also the Tank one is able to take down stunner shots.

Qwerty Quazo

This is the Mother...Something. I will use it on my next map, modified a bit.
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

chwooly

All these ships are missing is grabbers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein