Demo Content

Started by knucracker, September 17, 2016, 02:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laithaldien

5 story missions sounds good, covers most of the basics + blue particles.

Inception: Daiys Chain and The Nest (nothing too long, but shows some of the possibilities of custom maps)

TrickyDragon

Loving the game so far, it's beautifully crafted.  My vote is for 5 story missions and the Archipelago inception mission.  Maybe (maybe) add a simulacrum mission too.  <3 
This is Life,  Life happens.

BlackJack55

Well, I'd go with the basic story missions, let's say around 3, Daisy chain and a couple of Simulacrum missions aswell as Ship editor (unrestricted). On that way design-maniacs can do their stuff prior to release in terms of ships and the potential customer gets to see

Story (sort of)
Potential of the game:
- Auto-Generated missions
- PRPL Gameplay changes
- Sandbox in almost all terms
- Ways to play the game (a rush mission or a turtle-like way)

Maybe an embedded video with further stuff to look forward to buying the game after playing 10 missions or so, explaining what the game can do (PRPL, Simulacrum, Exchange, Ship Editor etc.)

Lioncourt

I would think that the demo should give enough missions to not only whet the appetite for the game, but on the edge of "dang, I need to play more" feeling.  As for what inception maps to use, if one of the purposes of this demo is to allow people to see if the game will run on their machines, then 3 maps that will test that.  A simple one for the slow computers, medium, and large for better systems.  I suggest to not give the ship building ability, for that will be part of the "dang, I need to play more" (which means buying the game).  Also, a pop up window should be added in case of a game crash that states...  "This is Karsten75's fault, this is his phone number ###-###-####, call him and complain"... :D
The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't...

19chickens

I think that the first 5 missions would be a good choice (esp. if blue particles are introduced there).  That said, what are Inception missions in relation to CW3?  I haven't played the beta; I have no idea.

Ovalcircle

There isn't really a comparison. Inception missions show off what custom maps and PRPL can really do when applied properly.
[REDACTED]

"If you are good at something, never do it."

Xeneonic

Before I bought Creeper World 3, I played the free online version (CW3:Abraxis). I loved that one to bits and bought the game right when I finished CW3:A. It did feel a lot more than a simple demo version, but it definitely served its purpose for me!

GoodMorning

While the online versions are very good marketing and demonstrations, CW3:A was stretching the limits of what an embedded (not dedicated) internet game can afford to be. PF is a step further still.

That said, it could be good, but should be handled with caution.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.