Steam's comming soon

Started by Tjgalon, July 07, 2016, 11:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjgalon

So watching the trailer, and the hype for the hopeful release soon, I have to say, the trailer blew me away. I was always hyped for the game, but this trailer was so well done, and I just can't wait to start playing. (side note, throing money at my screen, is not making me get it sooner it seem).
Just wondering, are the rest of you hyped?

Qwerty Quazo

The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

Shockblast DX

thejoe66

It think that trailer music was enough to get me hyped for anything.
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

SuperTerminator

I'm more hyped rn than when I heard I got into the college I wanted.
I tried making CW3 custom maps once upon a time. I kinda failed. My maps were too large/stupidly long/stupidly easy. I think I only ever made one really good map, and its not for people who hate spores. I mean it'd be good shock therapy xD

Ninja

so my birthday party was today and I got $100+....

TAKE IT VIRGIL!!!!!!! TAKE IT ALL!!!

(okay I'm mostly kidding, I'd probably pay $30-40 realistically)

Tjgalon

I have to agree, the music and the scene, where very awesome. It got me so hype, I am on the hype train, woo woo!

Sorrontis

I can't wait!!! I've actually stopped CW3 for a while, been playing other things, but I'll be back for PF!
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

SuperTerminator

Quote from: Sorrontis on July 15, 2016, 01:45:19 PM
I can't wait!!! I've actually stopped CW3 for a while, been playing other things, but I'll be back for PF!

Im really interested to see the custom ships and weapons make for PF. Already PF has a great variety of weaponry, but the fact that anything you use can and will be used against you really throws a great mechanic in. Oh, you like your MK7s or custom super long range devastators? You'll love when the enemy ships are savaging your fleet from across the map with them.

Edit: After writing this, I thought of a question for virgil about the whole enemy ships mechanic. Are the enemy ship spawners preset to spawn a certain vehicle and only that vehicle, or does it have the ability to pick from a roster of ships that can escalate in strength according to your "escalation factor" you mentioned?
I tried making CW3 custom maps once upon a time. I kinda failed. My maps were too large/stupidly long/stupidly easy. I think I only ever made one really good map, and its not for people who hate spores. I mean it'd be good shock therapy xD

Michionlion

Regardless of what is actually built into the game type spawners (if they even exist), you can probably create ships via PRPL, and so can create such an escalation factor if none exists. Perhaps that is how Virgil is actually doing it in the campaign... PRPL is very powerful.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Fireball14

Some news from steam discussions forum that you may have missed:

By Knuckle Cracker  [developer]

What I am considering doing is releasing the free demo ahead of the launch. That would give some opportunity to build community hype and also give me a chance to identify any common issues that might occur... which would make me more confident in the quality of the general release.

CarloXY

Quote from: Michionlion on July 16, 2016, 11:48:52 PM
Regardless of what is actually built into the game type spawners (if they even exist), you can probably create ships via PRPL, and so can create such an escalation factor if none exists. Perhaps that is how Virgil is actually doing it in the campaign... PRPL is very powerful.

[OT]
You mean *this* PRPL?
:D

Shockblast DX

LOL, but no. Particle Reverse Polish Language is PRPL.

F0R

I've been hyped for so long. Tell us how it is beta testers. I can't wait to try it after you guys. Getting back into Cw3 to hype myself up.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: F0R on August 26, 2016, 10:17:28 PM
I've been hyped for so long. Tell us how it is beta testers. I can't wait to try it after you guys. Getting back into Cw3 to hype myself up.

The first rule in Beta testing, is that they don't talk about Beta testing!

Seeing as you made my favourite CW2 map of all time (The Hotel), I'm really happy that you're hyped, and I'm looking forward to seeing the maps you'll come up with for Particle Fleet.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.