simulacrum feedback

Started by Fireball14, March 09, 2016, 03:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireball14

Just watched this new video and have few touts on my mind, so here they are.
1) Simulacrum is super cool, only thing that it missing is ability to add random "enemy" plasma on his side. And some random struct, not based on land.
2) Love all the new techs, except rock burner. It's seems like a waste of energy production capability. And price of one AMP gem is no small ether. Maybe make it specialized ship like grabber?
3) Do omnis now build and mire at same time? Cos it sure looks like it  ;)
4) I Did not like how upgraded emergent looks like. His arrow tale is not pairing well with rotating cube thingy. Overall can't wait for Early Access to begin play around with it! Good job!

Tjgalon

One thing to remember about the gems, you can use it on rock burner and burn the island in your way, then recover the gem to use it on a ship or upgrade. It seems like a special thing, sorta lime terps in cw3, without the unit of course.

Fireball14

Now if Rock burner could actually create new land, it would be worthwhile investment.

J

If you don't want to use the rock burner, just don't. If you do, it'll cost some time, energy and energy production (only a tiny portion), but for some clear space for blue particles, it might be worth it. I agree on the emergent that arrows and cubes don't pair very well, but I've got no better solution yet either.

Tjgalon

Also till the game fully polish, or at least playable where we can see that maybe rock burner might be important in some situation, it hard to guess at all. Though at least the option to remove is there, which could also prove helpful.

Fireball14

Hey stop it with fanboy behavior! I'm just stating my opinion. If you don't  agree - its ok, but its not ok been a jerk about it.

Karsten75

Quote from: Fireball14 on March 10, 2016, 01:12:08 PM
Hey stop it with fanboy behavior! I'm just stating my opinion. If you don't  agree - its ok, but its not ok been a jerk about it.

Nobody has been a jerk or called anyone names - except you. :) Everyone expressed opinions, all of which we welcome.

Fireball14

Hey, then sorry. Did not meant to be rude or something. Its just seems that this
QuoteIf you don't want to use the rock burner, just don't.
was "fanboy behavior". If i'm wrong, then i'm sorry.

ShadowDragon7015

Quote from: Fireball14 on March 10, 2016, 04:53:53 PMIts just seems that this
QuoteIf you don't want to use the rock burner, just don't.
was "fanboy behavior". If i'm wrong, then i'm sorry.
It's just common sense if I am reading it correctly, some players would find land removal useful, some might not. It's that way with many things, like terps. I love terps but some people rarely use them.
Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

Vanguard

I am pretty sure the arrows are for debugging purposes mostly, to see were the unit moved from and were it´s going to.

@ Fanboy: Na, just seeing a valuable exchange here. J´s pretty cool. 8) Karsten too. but he needs to post more funny videos to maintain his status.  ;D

Fireball14

Quote from: Vanguard on March 11, 2016, 05:00:55 AM
I am pretty sure the arrows are for debugging purposes mostly, to see were the unit moved from and were it´s going to.
I don't know. If you ask me, arrows look grate.  :)

J

I was just trying to point out the costs and benefits of the rock burner and the need to use it (which is not, according to the sentence you pointed out as fanboy behavior). Sorry if it offended you.
I'm one of those few that hated terps, so I just locked them away in every map I made.

I don't think those arrows are debugging tools, it could be very helpful to the player to know where it came from, even when the game is paused. Something as strong as emergent just needs to look bigger than only a small cube. A better image would be welcome, but I don't think there is (so please prove me wrong).

MizInIA

I think the Rock burner should function like a dredge. Moving land from one place to another. That being said I think this game would be easily adapted to a futuristic naval combat scenario instead of space.