Early access maybe?

Started by jaworeq, February 04, 2016, 05:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaworeq

Hi Virgil,

considering what you said in your last video, that base mechanics are nearly done, I was wondering if, once random map generator is done, you're gonna release it in early access? And later full release once campaign is done? I mean, campaigns in CW games were cool, but longevity of the game is (as seen on this forum) maintained mostly by random and custom skirmish maps anyway.

Regards,
Damian

GameGibu

I was going to reply sarcastically to your post but then I realized that that would be mean.
So instead I focused on the other parts of your post.
Then I forgot about it for a while because I was drawn into the challenge of emulating particle fleet particles in CW3 using just CRPL and my thinking bag, plus 24 or so hours of debugging, fine-tuning, and looking at the CW3 reference pages.

Oh and I think the current and most helpful answer to your questions is, "infeasible at the present time."
Let Virgilw work on the game. If you really want a taste of particle fleet, check out my next map, "Particle Invasion" when it comes out

Good question though. ;D
-GameGibu
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆

Miksu

I don't personally think that early access does any good for the game. Probably broken stuff and bugs on public, no the best idea. I personally do hate early access anyway.
VirgilW has beta testers to break the game (probably already (old CW3 etc. betas)). Anyway, closed beta should and will make detecting and fixing bugs much faster and easier.

These are just my opinions and my statements are not facts.

Fireball14

I would love to play Early Acess with random maps generator.

Grayzzur

Early Access is a double-edged sword for developers.

"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker