Contest: When will we play Particle Fleet?

Started by Qwerty Quazo, October 07, 2015, 12:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grayzzur

Quote from: cooltv27 on October 10, 2015, 08:15:59 PM
for the sole reasons that it would be funny. he has inside information from the most reliable source possible (both those coming from the fact hes the dev), allowing him to make the most accurate guess
At this stage, he could provide a better ballpark estimate than the rest of us, but I doubt he knows which month he'll be done yet. That's why he doesn't announce releases until it's practically finished. Making a guess this early would lead to one of 3 outcomes:
1) He finishes early, then sandbags it until the appointed hour.
2) He rushes to meet the deadline, giving us a release with missing features and extra bugs.
3) He misses the deadline, and then everybody complains about it.
If I were him, I'd choose "none of the above" as well by just keeping quiet for now. :)
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Asbestos

Quote from: Grayzzur on October 11, 2015, 08:39:39 PM
for the sole reasons that it would be funny. he has inside information from the most reliable source possible (both those coming from the fact hes the dev), allowing him to make the most accurate guess

At this stage, he could provide a better ballpark estimate than the rest of us, but I doubt he knows which month he'll be done yet. That's why he doesn't announce releases until it's practically finished. Making a guess this early would lead to one of 3 outcomes:
2) He rushes to meet the deadline, giving us a release with missing features and extra bugs.
If I were him, I'd choose "none of the above" as well by just keeping quiet for now. :)

I don't think you're quite getting the joke here. The joke is the irony that comes from someone who knows exactly when the game will be released (which will be only one day before the release, and thus the game will be finished by then) providing an answer that is expected to be vague and incorrect by a large margin, but is actually completely correct and precise.

Or, well, double irony, I guess. Or maybe no irony.

Qwerty Quazo

Quote from: Asbestos on October 12, 2015, 09:36:18 AM

I don't think you're quite getting the joke here. The joke is the irony that comes from someone who knows exactly when the game will be released (which will be only one day before the release, and thus the game will be finished by then) providing an answer that is expected to be vague and incorrect by a large margin, but is actually completely correct and precise.

Blah blah blah, I still don't know why march 15th and not 16th or any other hour.
Help?
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

cooltv27

Quote from: Qwerty Quazo on October 12, 2015, 12:48:59 PM

Blah blah blah, I still don't know why march 15th and not 16th or any other hour.
Help?
march 15th was just a blind guess from me, then I made the comment on how virgil should post here
and just to clarify, he should work on the game as normal, and post here once the release is guaranteed (as thats the only way for it to be accurate)
uh oh here comes the creeper, QUICK GET SOME BLASTERS READY! wait, wait, wai, FIRE! IM ON FIRE! NO, NO, NO, GET AWA (the rest was taken by the creeper, taken back and eaten)
I has a youtube channel youtube.com/user/cooltv27

Qwerty Quazo

Quote from: cooltv27 on October 12, 2015, 10:46:44 PM
Quote from: Qwerty Quazo on October 12, 2015, 12:48:59 PM
Quote from: Qwerty Quazo on October 10, 2015, 02:29:45 AM
Quote from: cooltv27 on October 08, 2015, 06:38:19 PM
march 15 2016

virgil needs to respond to this the day before he releases the game with a perfectly accurate answer (down to the minute if possible)
Why?
Help?
march 15th was just a blind guess from me, then I made the comment on how virgil should post here
and just to clarify, he should work on the game as normal, and post here once the release is guaranteed (as thats the only way for it to be accurate)

Ok, I think its time to stop that conversation. It is getting more and more confusing and I shouldn't post this:
Quote from: Qwerty Quazo on October 10, 2015, 02:29:45 AM
Why?

Kodi4444

Qwerty Quazo

:D :D :D

I would say January 28th, then.
Close one!

Nicant

XX/18/16            Me:What do we win???     SomeGuy: A sad feeling!       Me:Awww
CW4 hype!!

Kharnellius

Quote from: Qwerty Quazo on October 13, 2015, 12:22:48 AMOk, I think its time to stop that conversation. It is getting more and more confusing and I shouldn't post this:

This thread is intended to be a contest.  cooltv27 was saying it would be funny if Virgil responded with a guess which just so happens to be exactly correct.  Virgil will of course be correct, since Virgil is the one who decides when it gets released.  Virgil would be making a guess for something he already has the correct answer to.  Get it now?

My guess: May 22, 2016.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Kharnellius on January 04, 2016, 08:39:08 PM

This thread is intended to be a contest.  cooltv27 was saying it would be funny if Virgil responded with a guess which just so happens to be exactly correct.  Virgil will of course be correct, since Virgil is the one who decides when it gets released.  Virgil would be making a guess for something he already has the correct answer to. 

Using that model, I would get very excited when I saw Virgil post his 'guess' here - that would mean that release is imminent. i.e. He knows the release date.

He's previously stated that the game will be released when it's ready, rather than on an arbitrary date.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Ninja

Quote from: Cavemaniac on January 05, 2016, 01:37:52 PM
Quote from: Kharnellius on January 04, 2016, 08:39:08 PM

This thread is intended to be a contest.  cooltv27 was saying it would be funny if Virgil responded with a guess which just so happens to be exactly correct.  Virgil will of course be correct, since Virgil is the one who decides when it gets released.  Virgil would be making a guess for something he already has the correct answer to. 

Using that model, I would get very excited when I saw Virgil post his 'guess' here - that would mean that release is imminent. i.e. He knows the release date.

He's previously stated that the game will be released when it's ready, rather than on an arbitrary date.
Well, it appears that you get it, but let me see if I can explain things for anyone that doesn't get it.
Anyone that thinks they understand it, please do not read the spoiler so I don't risk confusing you.
Spoiler
The idea is, Virgil would keep developing the game like normal. If he were to, one night, say, "Okay, wow, I finally finished the game. I think I'll wait to release it until tomorrow, though." He could then post here saying, "I guess it is going to be released tomorrow." Because Virgil knows that the game is finished, and knows he will be releasing it tomorrow, it would be kind of funny for some people if he did that.
[close]

On another note, I hate giving exact dates, for some reason. As such, I forfeit being called the 'winner' and give you a month in which I think it will be released.
My guess is: July 2016.

TLFP

Currently ghosting, don't mind me.
Christian, my list of various content creation groups can be found here

rekrab

3/20/16 is my guess 
Spoiler
witch I hope is!!!
[close]