Ship and Module Guide (so far)

Started by Qwerty Quazo, August 23, 2015, 05:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwerty Quazo

From the last video, Very Truly Yours, we saw that editor where you can edit modules on ships. Here is everything from the last two videos.

MODULES:

Command | The main structure of the ship. If lost, the ship is destroyed.
Engine | It does what it says. That simple.
Lathe | It is kinda a nullifier on emitters, it builds bases and energy stortages, blah blah.
Laser | Destroys particles when they get too close to the ship.
Cannon | It fires at enemy mire and at enemy particles, also seen in a Phalanx.
Missile Launcher | It fires a (fast) missile that destroys 1 particle.
Particle Beam | A laser that clears the red area in a plasma field and slows down particles when they are too close.
Energy Tank| It stores energy (from guppies or a base for limited time) and with a Port it becomes a Tanker.
Port | The module that Tanker (so far) has and gives energy to nearby ships.
Guppy | It delivers energy from nearest base out of range to ship, specific at Energy Tank (i think).
Shield | ??? Not seen yet in a video. ???
Fighter Base | ??? Not seen yet in a video. ???
Grabber | Grabs nearby blue particles and collects or projects them all in one direction.
MK7 | Gun that fires three bullets that destroy more than one particle each. Best at Doppels.

SHIPS:

Lathe:
Command | Engine | Lathe | Laser |
Destroyer:
Command | Engine | 2 Cannons | Laser |
Cruiser:
Command | Engine | 2 Missile Launchers | 2 Cannons | Laser | Particle Beam |
Relay:
Command | 2 Lasers | Port |
Tanker:
Command | Engine | 2 Guppies | Port | Energy Tank | 3 Lasers |
Wolf:
Command | Engine | 8 Missile Launchers | 2 Lasers |
Unknown weapons of mass destruction to the rest of humanity:
C-Class | Carrier | Varro |

LAND SHIPS:

Lathe | A Lathe module that can move on land.
Mire | It covers the land with ''blue joy''. Same as red particles affect land.
Harvester | A unit that has a drone which digs land and makes upgrades.
Phalanx | Cannon module that can move on land.

Aaaaaandd...

Spoiler
My C-Class Ship can beat a map on its own:

worship the BATTLECRUISER:

Command | 3 Engines | 2 Lathes | 8 Lasers | 4 Particle Beams | 6 Cannons | 8 Missile Launchers | 3 Energy Tanks | 8 Guppies | 3 MK7s |

It probably consumes 17.345.881.749.563 energy per second based on the theory of how-many-licks-does-it-take-to-eat-a-lollipop (and how-to-eat-a-lemon-in-7-seconds) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The ship is created, see replies below.
[close]
I am afraid to say anything from the last video, then will rain comments (again).
Please reply to fix me.
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

knucracker

Something a little like this (I left one tank off for symmetry).

ShadowDragon7015

so...seeing the todo does that mean we are getting 2 more omnis in the future?
Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

Qwerty Quazo

Thaaaaaaaaank you virgilw sooooooooo much ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

knucracker

Quote from: ShadowDragon7015 on August 25, 2015, 01:31:04 PM
so...seeing the todo does that mean we are getting 2 more omnis in the future?
Yep, that's the plan...

Qwerty Quazo

Marauders are fixed ships to add in the topic, virgilw?

J

Quote from: Qwerty Quazo on August 25, 2015, 02:23:33 PM
Marauders are fixed ships to add in the topic, virgilw?
As you can see in the screenshot, you can create ships yourself and give them a name. Until we see the complete fixed collection of ships, we can only assume that the ships seen before the ships editor update are fixed ships, and probably subject to change. Check the CW3 'Mule' video (and then CW3) for how things might stay or go during the development process. Modules will most likely stay.

Qwerty Quazo

Quote from: J on August 25, 2015, 02:54:23 PM
Until we see the complete fixed collection of ships, we can only assume that the ships seen before the ships editor update are fixed ships, and probably subject to change.

The reason I am saying that is because we have seen a small selection of ships, and there are some specific ships that we see.

knucracker

There aren't really any "fixed" ships anymore.  That said, the story missions will use a set of hulls you acquire across the story.  So people will no doubt come to think of those hulls as the standard or stock set.  Internally, they are just ship hulls like any other ship.

I don't know if the marauder will be in that stock collection or not... I won't know till the story missions are complete.  But, in any case when an author creates a custom map the author can put any ships he likes in the mission... including totally original creations like the B. CRUISER.  Additionally (at least right now) the game has a mode where you can play any mission with whatever ships you like.  Not so much for score, but just for fun....

Qwerty Quazo

Quote from: virgilw on August 25, 2015, 03:58:20 PM
There aren't really any "fixed" ships anymore.  That said, the story missions will use a set of hulls you acquire across the story.  So people will no doubt come to think of those hulls as the standard or stock set.  Internally, they are just ship hulls like any other ship.

You are right. I might be a little idiot about that, but i see a big inventory, which can fill on huge maps very well with these ships you have showed us. I supposed that the ships were the ships that you liked the most.

Something completely irrelevant:
I am wrong about the lasers and the particle beams. Fix me!

warren

Wow. I love the idea of a just for fun mode like that (score disabled, of course). It will make testing stuff out so much easier, and be just plain fun.

thejoe66

I like the idea of there not being any fixed ships anymore. It seems super cool that now we can create a ship to fit are needs and play style when given the opportunity.
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

Qwerty Quazo

Quote from: thejoe66 on August 26, 2015, 04:43:53 PM
I like the idea of there not being any fixed ships anymore. It seems super cool that now we can create a ship to fit are needs and play style when given the opportunity.

Yeah, but the story? Are there gonna be some fixed ships in there?

warren

The ship shells in the story will probably still be fixed, so will probably be the available components. In custom missions, mapmakers will probably be responsible for selecting shells and available components.

Qwerty Quazo

If anyone asks if there is not too much progress, there is, at the best possible way.