Enhancing AI Ships

Started by Keeper Decagon, December 18, 2016, 07:16:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper Decagon

Is there a way to "Amp up" an AI ship with upgraded properties as if it were to have an Amp Gem equipped? (Not just talking fire rate here, since I know that can be upgraded, but more things like weapons range.)
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Oblivion

grab the ships UID and set whether it has an ampgem to true?
~Memes have been scientifrically proven to be the very essence of life unto itself~

Sorrontis

Quote from: Oblivion on December 18, 2016, 10:19:45 AM
Could work. However, you can play with the properties (inherent energy, build rate, heal rate, fire rate) to have a similar effect except for the increased range.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: Sorrontis on December 18, 2016, 10:26:02 AM
Quote from: Oblivion on December 18, 2016, 10:19:45 AM
Could work. However, you can play with the properties (inherent energy, build rate, heal rate, fire rate) to have a similar effect except for the increased range.

Indeed, though it's pretty much the range part I need. :P

Also, I'm pretty much the noobiest noob at coding. Haven't a clue how to grab a UID or anything really. I had a look on the wiki as well, and uh, I still don't have a clue about what and how and why and where. :/

I don't suppose anyone could give me an example?
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

GoodMorning

To get ships:X Y Range 0 GetAllShipsInRange leaves a list of UIDs on the stack.

To get UID(s): list GetLstCount check this is gt 0, I.e. The list has something (here a UID) in it.list 0 GetListElement leaves you a UID

Now check ShipIsEnemy, and use SetShipHasAmp.

I don't have a real keyboard at the moment, if I did then I'd write the entire script here.

Edit: Now we're cooking with fusion! A real keyboard.

Let's see:

(We're only running this once, if you need a spawner's ships to be amped then it gets a little longer).

once
CurrentCoords 0.99 0 GetAllShipsInRange ->Ships
<-Ships GetListCount 0 do
<-Ships[I] ->Ship
<-Ship.ShipIsEnemy if
<-Ship 1 SetShipHasAmp #If the compiler chokes here, V has made the ship amping read-only.
endif
loop
endonce
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Keeper Decagon

I tried to give that script there a go, see if it would work, but the thing spewed an error back at me.

GoodMorning

In that case, I doubt that I can make it work. When we finish the wiki, we can be sure, but I think that it's not going to work in this form.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.