Wall Bug

Started by Kamron3, December 07, 2009, 03:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamron3

Good thing I caught this before the new release:

Walls will weaken even if the Creeper is at levels below it.

Example:

Creeper is on lowest floor, but the wall is on the highest. The wall still weakens.

Attached is a map with this effect.

Aurzel

yeah i noticed that too yesterday when i was testing my new map

knucracker

For the benefit of the wider audience, I'll say that this should be fixed in the upcoming update.  This means that walls will not decay unless the creeper can touch them.  So if a wall is on a plateau and the Creeper is a terrain level below it, the wall will not take damage unless the Creeper gets thick enough to build up and reach the base of the wall.

This fix doesn't really affect many of the custom maps currently posted, except for one: 'Creepy Maze lvl 1'.
This is a creative map that built a maze out of higher terrain and put walls on the higher terrain.  Currently, these walls will decay very rapidly.  In the upcoming update the walls won't start to decay until the Creeper reaches high enough to touch them.  This affects the visuals of this game mostly, and gameplay in a more minor way.  It basically delays the overflow of the maze walls a little bit longer since the Creeper won't have destroyed the walls yet once it is ready to overflow.

Anyway, all things considered a fairly minor impact.... but I wanted to mention it anyway.

Kamron3

I see. Well, I'm glad you 'fixed' it. It was really a pain because I wanted the Creeper to flow thru the tunnels and flow onto the ship itself on this map I have.

_k

Aurzel

from what i've tested the fix works wonders, my wall on my next campaign map will no longer decay when its not supposed to