Custom Map #1412: Ship Alooone 11. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, July 26, 2019, 11:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1412: Ship Alooone 11

Author: FOXX
Size: 466x186

Desc:
11th Map in this series. Another one in honour of the creator of this system -> Kajacx #StrongEnemyShips #ParticlesOverMiredLand #EmergentUp #TiconDefenseRange by Stickman #BurstEmitter by Sorrontis

FOXX

11th Map with upgraded Scripts from Kajacx.

In this map all custom modules are unlocked so no parts pickups.

Some general info

- You Start with 14 Scrap, ShipLevel 0 and 5 LevelPoints.

- Destroying an Enemy Ship gives you 250 Exp and a 0.5 change of the Ship leaving Scrap behind.

EXP GAIN

Emitters        = 150
MireSpawners    = 80
StrucSpawners   = Not in Map
ShipSpawners    = 220
DoppelSpawners  = Not in Map
StunnerSpawners = 100
Ticon Defense   = 400

When Destroying an enemy unit there is a 0.5 % chance of a Scrap Spawn.
[close]

- Max Shipsize Ship 1 = 8x8 Modules
               Ship 2 = 10x8 Modules
               Ship 3 = 10x8 Modules
               Ship 4 = 8x8 Modules

- The 1st Level is Reached at 200 Particles. Each Next Level Increases with every 70 Particles Destroyed by the Upgradable Ships.

- You get a game event tag if you don't have enough Scrap to Upgrade or Level to Unlock.

- Each time you Upgrade your Ship your Upgraded Ship needs to be Rebuild and If the Upgradable Ship has an AmpGem on it you have to pick up the AmpGem after each Upgrade. Sorry, but there was no other way for this.
[close]

OPENING CONVERSATION

It´s about collecting Scrap for Upgrade Parts and Destroying Particles and Enemy Units to Level Up and Unlock more Modules.

Press CTRL+F for the Upgrade Options then Select the Ship you want to Upgrade and place the Ship in the Map.
Select which Part you want and place the Part in the Map - Shift for Info on Upgrade Parts.
Then Select the Ship Layout you want and Place that into the Map.
Now you have your Upgraded Ship ready to Build.

After an Upgrade you can press CTRL+U and select a ship for Undo the last Upgrade.

After you Upgrade a Ship there may be an issue where the other Ship is Build on the map but in the ShipSlot it's not build. There is no way around this so keep an eye out for that. If the Ship is on the Map it's OK.

2 Tips:
- Upgrading works under Pause.
- You can do more Upgrades before Building your Upgraded Ship.
-

Lastly -> For the Building Time its best to have an AmpGem on Move/Build Speed Increase.

Let's Create our Custom Ships :)
[close]

Module Costs

Module Costs:
ModuleScrapLevel
Lathe (L)52
Cannon+ (N)22
Missile+ (M)22
Discharger (D)22
Engine (E)22
Grabber (B)32
Energy Tank (T)33
Port (P)23
Shield (S)33
MK7 (K)54
Convertors (2)22
Particle Maker (4)64
Custom Reactor (5)22
Particle Bomb (6)22
OverCharger (0)43
HellFire (q)54
Terp (t)43
Howitzer (H)74
SiegeWeapon (s)86
[close]

Terp Module
With the Terp Module you can build Land :)
When the Module is Build (or before) Pressing the "T" Key Activates the Terp and you get the Yellow Build Marker.
Now you can Left MouseClick to place Land.
If you press "T" again the Build Marker turns Red and you can Delete Placed Land.  Space / Esc Deactivates the Terp. (Important)
With the "[" and "]" Keys you can Decrease and Increase Build Marker Size. (Ps -> The Terp works when Paused)
[close]

The Reactor is replaced by the Upgraded Reactor which has double the output.
The Guppy and Fighter Base are replaced by Custom Modules.
I have noticed when a ship is amped up the system doesn't destroy the ship when upgrading the ship so i manually deleted that ship (leaving behind the ampgem) and then rebuild.
Didn't try 'double building' as i had enough issues with this map.
You can try at your own risk. (worst is that it crashes)

Enjoy :)
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Jim359

Thanks for another map Foxx.  Noticed this and a couple others similar have received lower reviews.  I love maps like this myself.  I think many want a map they can do in five minutes or so, boring.  I didnt even do the map posted right before this one by another maker.  I saw the times were in the 2 minute up range.  On the other hand that map you made a couple months ago that only 15 or so people have finished (last i looked) I dont like.  If you have to have a guide with every step laid out to have a chance at a game , well I avoid those.  You aren't playing a game, just following directions.  Just ask my teachers how that went, lol.

Thanks again.

J. Adams

FOXX

Welcome Jim359,

I like these maps also mainly because of the upgrade system. These last 2 are a bit different (challenging) then the first series of maps. Sometimes i want a challenge for myself in a map for example the SE corner in the previous map. The Blue vs Red 3 (i think) map you are referring to has an increasing difficulty so the faster you are in the beginning the better. These kind of maps will not generate good scores but i mostly know that when making the maps.
Understand your following direction comment (my teachers also) those maps are more for my challenge then high scores.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS