Custom Map #1233: Sector Z5zU. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, September 25, 2018, 11:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1233: Sector Z5zU

Author: FOXX
Size: 93x498

Desc:
In this map You Zig-Zag your way up. #EmergentUp #Proximity Emitter #LandValueUp #ParticlesOverMiredLand #Challenging

Johnny Haywire

Hey!

This was actually pretty challenging! It wasn't a complete drudgery, but I found myself losing a lot of meat shields in the process of going up the narrow road that leads to eternal victory.  ;)

The land-based energy was WAY up - almost didn't pay attention at first. Glad I did. Plenty of gems to make things interesting, and each little bit of progress required slight variation of tactics. (Slight variation: I.e., get ready to suicide virtually any ship except the lathe. Don't forget to suicide the HQ! HA ha ha!)

Overall it's a fun map, especially for those people who like a particle fight more than a ship fight (although there were a few ships scattered around the map). I prefer more of a ship war myself, but this was still a fun & challenging map.  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

FOXX

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on September 28, 2018, 12:47:58 AM
Hey!

This was actually pretty challenging! It wasn't a complete drudgery, but I found myself losing a lot of meat shields in the process of going up the narrow road that leads to eternal victory.  ;)

The land-based energy was WAY up - almost didn't pay attention at first. Glad I did. Plenty of gems to make things interesting, and each little bit of progress required slight variation of tactics. (Slight variation: I.e., get ready to suicide virtually any ship except the lathe. Don't forget to suicide the HQ! HA ha ha!)

Overall it's a fun map, especially for those people who like a particle fight more than a ship fight (although there were a few ships scattered around the map). I prefer more of a ship war myself, but this was still a fun & challenging map.  ;D

Yeah, these Sector maps are all kinds of ideas. from nice to challenging like this one. And i had to tone down the particles in the top where the enemy grabber ship shoots them at your ships and they all went to scrap heaven. Now its at least beatable.
I did it without HQ (left that ship to collect AmpGems) and also suffered enough losses.
On to the next one ;)

Greets
FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS