Custom Map #1194: KSF Map 2. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, July 26, 2018, 10:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1194: KSF Map 2

Author: FOXX
Size: 426x244

Desc:
Kajacx - Sorrontis - Foxx Map 2 2 Mechanics combined in 1 Map. Little easier then Map 1 More info on Forum #EditStruc #EmergentUp

FOXX

2nd Map with the Ship Alooone Upgrade System (by Kajacx) combined with the System used in Map 1181 - Build a Bear (by Sorrontis).

Build a Bear System info

Press CRTL + Y to Build an Energy Mine
Press CRTL + U to Build a TiconDefenseGun
Press CRTL + H to Build an Emitter
Press CRTL + J to Buld an AmpGem

ALL Items will be Build at Current Mouse Position. Then Lathe it.
Items with a Gold Star do NOT have Increased Costs.
You can Delete a placed Item by hoovering over with the Mouse and Press CTRL + X.
[close]

Ship Upgrade System info 1

- You Start with 4 Scrap, ShipLevel 0 and 4 LevelPoints.

- Max Shipsize Ship 1 = 8x8 Modules
               Ship 2 = 8x8 Modules
               Ship 3 = 8x8 Modules

- The 1st Level is Reached at 200 Particles. Each Next Level Increases with every 50 Particles Destroyed by the Upgradable Ships.

- Destroying an Enemy Ship gives 250 Exp and a 0.5 % change to leave 1 Scrap behind.

- You get a game event tag if you don't have enough Scrap to Upgrade or Level to Unlock.

- Each time you Upgrade your Ship your Upgraded Ship needs to be Rebuild and If the Upgradable Ship has an AmpGem on it you have to pick up the AmpGem after each Upgrade. Sorry, but there was no other way for this.
[close]

Ship Upgrade System info 2

It´s about collecting Scrap for Upgrade Parts and Destroying Particles to Level Up and Unlock more Modules.

Press CTRL+F for the Upgrade Options then Select the Ship you want to Upgrade and place the Ship in the Map.
Select which Part you want and place the Part in the Map - Shift for Info on Upgrade Parts.
Then Select the Ship Layout you want and Place that into the Map.
Now you have your Upgraded Ship ready to Build.

Press CTRL+SHIFT+F for the Unlock Options.
From here you can Select what Module you want to Unlock If you have the Matching Level.
Press Shift on Parts for Unlock Info.

After you Upgrade a Ship there may be an issue where the other Ship is Build on the map but in the ShipSlot it's not build. There is no way around this so keep an eye out for that. If the Ship is on the Map it's OK.

2 Tips:
- Upgrading works under Pause.
- You can do more Upgrades before Building your Upgraded Ship.

Lastly -> For the Building Time its best to have an AmpGem on Move/Build Speed Increase.

Let's Create our Custom Ships and Build some stuff :)
[close]

Module Costs

Module Costs:
ModuleScrapLevel
Lathe (L)32
Cannon (n)21
Cannon+ (N)22
Missile (m)21
Missile+ (M)22
Discharger (D)32
Engine (E)22
Grabber (B)22
Energy Tank (T)33
Reactor (R)23
Guppy (G)23
Port (P)23
Shield (S)34
MK7 (K)45
Fighter Base (F)55
Missiles+ (Y)45
Missiles (y)35
Cannons+ (Z)45
Cannons (z)35
Orbs (1)33
Convertors (2)33
Emergent Sniper (3)32
Particle Maker (4)44
Custom Reactor (5)33
Particle Bomb (6)22
CW3 Bomber (7)34
CW3 Strafer (8)34
OverCharger (0)32
[close]

Enjoy :)
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Johnny Haywire

Hey Foxx!

I've noticed that the advance reactor on this seems to be drastically underpowered compared to the Ship Alooone series. Is that intentional? If I drop an advanced reactor as the first upgrade, it seems to have much less power generation than the command ship which has two standard reactors. In the Ship Alooone series, I had one reactor powering 3 Lathes, some guns, and other stuff w/ no problem.

Not complaining... I'll just restart the map & choose a different setup. Just wondering.

As always, thanks for consistently pumping out some really cool maps.  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

FOXX

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on July 28, 2018, 07:51:46 PM
Hey Foxx!

I've noticed that the advance reactor on this seems to be drastically underpowered compared to the Ship Alooone series. Is that intentional? If I drop an advanced reactor as the first upgrade, it seems to have much less power generation than the command ship which has two standard reactors. In the Ship Alooone series, I had one reactor powering 3 Lathes, some guns, and other stuff w/ no problem.

Not complaining... I'll just restart the map & choose a different setup. Just wondering.

As always, thanks for consistently pumping out some really cool maps.  ;D ;D

Hey Johhny,

Glad to see that you sometimes still play PF :)
With the custom Modules (like the Reactor)  you can change some settings so i looked at the Reactor Module from the Ship Alooone Series and the one from this Map and this is the result:
Spoiler
   <-GemPresent if
      0.15 ->production
   else
       <-IsEnemy if
      0.15 ->production
      else
      0.1 ->production
      endif
[close]

These were the settings on Both Maps. So i kinda not know why they are behaving different.
I thought 0.15 production means 3Eps but i forgot the formula to calculate.
These are the Results of our search.

Greets
FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

GoodMorning

0.15 energy per frame is 4.5 energy per second. (0.15 energy * 30 frames per second)
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Johnny Haywire

Interesting stuff... maybe I'll duplicate the build I did in the first map rather than just have some variations.

Is the "Gem present" referring to the reactor itself? Or is the reactor affecting by having an amp gem? Or both?

GoodMorning

It refers to the ship having a gem - the code for the reactor checks that, and adjusts the power output accordingly.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on July 29, 2018, 11:41:57 PM
Interesting stuff... maybe I'll duplicate the build I did in the first map rather than just have some variations.

Is the "Gem present" referring to the reactor itself? Or is the reactor affecting by having an amp gem? Or both?

Indeed interesting -> a lot of (most of) the CustomModules have this feature but for this series i toned down the Values with AmpGem present. In the CM Series there is a more of a difference.

Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Johnny Haywire

Hey, dunno if this is normal but a while after I'd built about 40 mines all clumped together the game locked up. So I restarted the map and didn't build so many mines and the game was fine.

I really like these maps - they're not really challenging as much as they are just fun. Always nice to play after a Sorrontis or Yum map! Great work, m8!

;D ;D

FOXX

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on August 10, 2018, 06:42:03 PM
Hey, dunno if this is normal but a while after I'd built about 40 mines all clumped together the game locked up. So I restarted the map and didn't build so many mines and the game was fine.

I really like these maps - they're not really challenging as much as they are just fun. Always nice to play after a Sorrontis or Yum map! Great work, m8!

;D ;D

Hmm, i have never build that many Mines but i have heard this map freeze up. Reason is probably the 2 systems together. (a lot of code, especially the ship alooone code)
I know that you can build max 10 emitters but for the Mines there is no limit. (maybe an option to add this to reduce the chance of freezing the game)
Maybe other players can shed more light on this and if the game also locked up.....
Btw - I had a glitch when making Ship Alooone 9 but forgot to make a screen :( after a save/load all was ok again.

Greets
FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, could've just been an unrelated glitch and if I remember right I saved the game then came back to it later... and that's when it froze (about 2-3 game-time minutes after loading). And it happened each time I reloaded the game & played for a bit.

Could've just been a glitch in the saved game. Didn't happen with any other KSF maps when I mass-mined.

FOXX

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on August 11, 2018, 03:28:29 PM
Yeah, could've just been an unrelated glitch and if I remember right I saved the game then came back to it later... and that's when it froze (about 2-3 game-time minutes after loading). And it happened each time I reloaded the game & played for a bit.

Could've just been a glitch in the saved game. Didn't happen with any other KSF maps when I mass-mined.

The way you describe this sounds right. Hope that this is the only map it happens on.
Going to make more KSF Maps later on.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Johnny Haywire