Main Menu

Wierd bug

Started by slauter24, August 30, 2016, 03:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slauter24

Well i am going to do the best i can to describe this issue, as ive seen no1 else with a similar bug and cant seem to fix it myself
the issue is simple, upon "start" of the game, no menu no mainscreen nothing shows up. it is technacly running and there is a bar for it on the bottom of my screen. i waited over an hour and nothing of substance appeared. just my normal screen saying it was running. also it has run before on this setup though it was awhile back. it must of stopped working due to some update, havent played in a while only just now had the time to return

ive tried restarting my comp. clean installs, updating every known driver i have, checking forums for voodoo magic to make it work.
hoping some1 has seen this before and can fix it

specs
windows xp 32bit
1gig of ram
enough storage
pentium 4 3.06 processer
shitty gfx card but it is a dedicated card

as i found this
Spoiler
Initialize engine version: 5.2.3f1 (f3d16a1fa2dd)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 9.0c [nv4_disp.dll 6.14.11.9621]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS   
    Vendor:   NVIDIA
    VRAM:     512 MB (via registry)
    Caps:     Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 INTZ=1 NULL=1 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
- Completed reload, in  0.406 seconds
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1360x768 60Hz; virtual: 1360x768 at 0,0
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\UnityScript.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\System.Xml.Linq.dll (this message is harmless)
SteamManager.Awake

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

ExecutionEngineException: SIGILL
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Steamworks.NativeMethods:SteamAPI_InitSafe ()

at Steamworks.SteamAPI.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SteamManager.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

[close]
here is the log from the steam folder

J

Looks like it has something to do with steam. Disable the in-game steam overlay (right-click CW3 inside steam -> properties -> general) and try again. If that doesn't work, post back here and wait for someone else to answer. :)

slauter24

ive attempted this fix before but for double checking purposes i just made sure again and yes my steam overlay is disabled and it still does not run correctly thx for the try though  :)

knucracker

This thread seems like the same problem:
https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=20592.0

Unfortunately, it seems it affects a lot of games.  My guess is it is windows xp related.  Since microsoft dropped support for XP in 2014, many (most) other companies have been letting it slowly drop from their radar.  You can try the 2.08 version on steam, but the other person in that other thread said it didn't help.  The 2.08 version was compiled several years ago, so if that doesn't work that's a good indicator it is something in the steam client that has changed and broken things.  Right click the game in the steam client, select properties, then the betas tab to switch to 208.

You can also send an email to support@knucklecracker.com and include the email address you use here on your forum account (so I know 'you' are 'you' in the email).  We can try the non-steam version of the game and see if that works for you.

slauter24

i will try the 2.08 version if that works you will hear back from me, i know the demo worked fine i got some of my CW3 fix off it last night.
couldent figure out how to backdate the version on steam, gonna message virgil about the non steam copy