Custom Map #994: Omni Testing Ground 2. By: Not a Ninja

Started by AutoPost, December 18, 2017, 05:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #994: Omni Testing Ground 2

Author: Not a Ninja
Size: 500x200

Desc:
The crew has prepared another omni arena for Ticon.

Not a Ninja

I wanted to make the upper right corner much more difficult, to need all the omnis together with the ticon defense turrets to be needed to take down one of the ships. But after many iterations where the shipos could not be destroyed I setteld for this very easier version.

erigobel

I just can't beat the lower middle section, any suggestions on this?
Thank you, and great job!

Not a Ninja

The lower middle section has time delay on the emmiters. After you destroy the emmiter closest to the HQ (diagonally down-right) send all your omnis to the lower middle section. You need only one or two to land, and build the energy mine.
Afterwards is very easy just time consuming to finish the rest of the map.

reddwarf12

I too had real trouble with the lower middle section. I cleared all the rest of the map out except for that, but I couldn't break in. Then (for me, in any case) the trick was switching a tech to Move Increase to move the omnis in en-masse. I did a face-palm.

I loved this map, but I really did struggle with it a number of times before getting it. The order of breaking sectors that finally worked for me was upper left (obviously), middle left, upper right, lower left, upper middle, lower right, then finally the bastion lower middle after much heartache.

Great map - thanks for this.