Creeper World Plot Summaries

Started by Ebon Heart, June 13, 2011, 02:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMurphy

Just read the first 3 days, provides a little more insight into what the people on the ship were thinking. This a good start to a story.

mthw2vc

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on June 13, 2011, 02:28:24 AM
This is kind of a plot summary for creeper world 1, that's nearly turned into a fanfic. This should be helpful for anyone looking to play creeper world 2 that has not played creeper world 1 yet. It should also be a good story, let me know if I'm going to need to post this somewhere else or as one chunk, or what, and I will. Thanks to Nemoricus for helping with this.

Day one, The First Encounter.
Spoiler

It all began in the year 13,271. Mankind had colonized thousands of worlds, and continued to stretch its reach to the limits of space, and beyond. We found none our equal as we enjoyed the wonders of our bountiful empire. We walked among the stars as though we were gods! But sadly, gods we were not... It fell from the sky without purpose of reason, the creeper, as it was later known. I'll never forget the day.

We got a transmission in one day from Ara, saying that some strange meteorites had landed on their planet, and were oozing some sort of blue stuff. We never heard from the people of Ara again, and an alarm was sounded. The people of all of the worlds were to meet on a planet called hope, where a hero later known as "the old man" was attempting to gather what was left of humanity. Similar reports came from all over, humanity descended into anarchy as everyone tried to flee their home planets. 50 worlds were lost on the first day, and the entire human population nearly followed soon after. 50 thousand managed to make it to Hope, where we have started construction on Odin City, a great structure designed to house and support the last remnants of the human race. It is here that we shall fight off the creeper. Odin City will travel from world to world, never staying longer than it must. Humanity must not end today!
[close]

Five years later, Hope.
Spoiler

Odin City was finally finished, and I took my first glance off the project to see the wonders of hope, and it looked promising. We were located on top of a mountain, with a large field of collectors around us. To our North-East were the three totems we would need to get off the planet, surrounded by walls. We had three blasters ready to go, with a fourth sitting just behind the city to replace damaged ones.

"Alright, listen up! We don't have much time." said a surprisingly gruff voice. "you need to learn how to control Odin City before the creeper gets here if we're gonna any hope of surviving here."

Standing there was an old, fragile man, with white hair and an authentic wooden waIking stick. I presumed this must be the revered "Old Man"

"It's an honor to meet you. I'm very... very pleased to-"

but he was already gone, out the door and off to... only the gods know where. I won't bore you with the little details of training, but in a nutshell, collectors harvest energy from an area around themselves. Based on your collection, you can create so many packets per second, which can be sent out along wires created between buildings that are close enough to build unbuilt buildings, or power turrets connected to the system. I had to control all this and more to get us off a planet safely.

All of humanity was resting on my shoulders. When the system is connected to rift totems, we're able to get off the planet and move farther into the galaxy, out of the clutches of the creeper, which is the ultimate goal. Glancing around though, I started to wonder something. "We seem to have a pretty good setup here," I said. "Why don't we just stay here to fend off the creeper?" Bill, our OPS turned to me with an evil intensity in his eyes and said, "We're being hunted son. Every second we stay here, the creeper gets closer. If we stay too long, it'll catch us. The sky will blacken the world over. And soon, a tsunami of creeper will surround us from all angles, a great wave of death and destruction that could be held back by nothing. It would eat away at the last of our kind like it was nothing. One of the most painful ways to die... If you want to see that, be my guest. You can stay, but me and everyone else with any common sense are leaving as soon as you can stop jabbering, and fly us over there." I followed his gesturing arm to where a few relays were already build behind some walls, connecting to 3 totems that would get us off of hope, the one place I thought we could be safe... but for how long?
[close]
For reference, it is mentioned in the artifact on Canis that at least 5 years fell between the fall of Canis and Odin city's arrival there ;)

Ebon Heart

Quote from: mthw2vc on June 19, 2011, 03:05:15 PM
Quote from: Ebon_Heart on June 13, 2011, 02:28:24 AM
This is kind of a plot summary for creeper world 1, that's nearly turned into a fanfic. This should be helpful for anyone looking to play creeper world 2 that has not played creeper world 1 yet. It should also be a good story, let me know if I'm going to need to post this somewhere else or as one chunk, or what, and I will. Thanks to Nemoricus for helping with this.

Day one, The First Encounter.
Spoiler

It all began in the year 13,271. Mankind had colonized thousands of worlds, and continued to stretch its reach to the limits of space, and beyond. We found none our equal as we enjoyed the wonders of our bountiful empire. We walked among the stars as though we were gods! But sadly, gods we were not... It fell from the sky without purpose of reason, the creeper, as it was later known. I'll never forget the day.

We got a transmission in one day from Ara, saying that some strange meteorites had landed on their planet, and were oozing some sort of blue stuff. We never heard from the people of Ara again, and an alarm was sounded. The people of all of the worlds were to meet on a planet called hope, where a hero later known as "the old man" was attempting to gather what was left of humanity. Similar reports came from all over, humanity descended into anarchy as everyone tried to flee their home planets. 50 worlds were lost on the first day, and the entire human population nearly followed soon after. 50 thousand managed to make it to Hope, where we have started construction on Odin City, a great structure designed to house and support the last remnants of the human race. It is here that we shall fight off the creeper. Odin City will travel from world to world, never staying longer than it must. Humanity must not end today!
[close]

Five years later, Hope.
Spoiler

Odin City was finally finished, and I took my first glance off the project to see the wonders of hope, and it looked promising. We were located on top of a mountain, with a large field of collectors around us. To our North-East were the three totems we would need to get off the planet, surrounded by walls. We had three blasters ready to go, with a fourth sitting just behind the city to replace damaged ones.

"Alright, listen up! We don't have much time." said a surprisingly gruff voice. "you need to learn how to control Odin City before the creeper gets here if we're gonna any hope of surviving here."

Standing there was an old, fragile man, with white hair and an authentic wooden waIking stick. I presumed this must be the revered "Old Man"

"It's an honor to meet you. I'm very... very pleased to-"

but he was already gone, out the door and off to... only the gods know where. I won't bore you with the little details of training, but in a nutshell, collectors harvest energy from an area around themselves. Based on your collection, you can create so many packets per second, which can be sent out along wires created between buildings that are close enough to build unbuilt buildings, or power turrets connected to the system. I had to control all this and more to get us off a planet safely.

All of humanity was resting on my shoulders. When the system is connected to rift totems, we're able to get off the planet and move farther into the galaxy, out of the clutches of the creeper, which is the ultimate goal. Glancing around though, I started to wonder something. "We seem to have a pretty good setup here," I said. "Why don't we just stay here to fend off the creeper?" Bill, our OPS turned to me with an evil intensity in his eyes and said, "We're being hunted son. Every second we stay here, the creeper gets closer. If we stay too long, it'll catch us. The sky will blacken the world over. And soon, a tsunami of creeper will surround us from all angles, a great wave of death and destruction that could be held back by nothing. It would eat away at the last of our kind like it was nothing. One of the most painful ways to die... If you want to see that, be my guest. You can stay, but me and everyone else with any common sense are leaving as soon as you can stop jabbering, and fly us over there." I followed his gesturing arm to where a few relays were already build behind some walls, connecting to 3 totems that would get us off of hope, the one place I thought we could be safe... but for how long?
[close]
For reference, it is mentioned in the artifact on Canis that at least 5 years fell between the fall of Canis and Odin city's arrival there ;)
that would actually explain a lot...
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Pyxis_GeeK

Ebon Heart

Pyxis_GeeK

Ebon Heart

And day four is up! Sorry for the wait, I got a bit distracted. *points to website title* Draco will be up soon! (yes, I'm skipping ahead a bit, the story will start to get repetitive otherwise)

Ranakastrasz

I assume the program that generates coordinates for rift space Gives you a textbox that has the message "We need some random input, please bang on the keyboard like a monkey"
I suppose I could ask where you got the coordinates from :p

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Ranakastrasz on June 27, 2011, 10:40:06 AM
I assume the program that generates coordinates for rift space Gives you a textbox that has the message "We need some random input, please bang on the keyboard like a monkey"
I suppose I could ask where you got the coordinates from :p
it's a random text generator, and I threw in some random Greek words and symbols afterwards.

Michionlion

Quote from: Michionlion on June 13, 2011, 01:26:42 PM
nice.... i wish i had time to do something like this.  I hope we can support you and help you finish what this started.

this was the post that i deleted to make room for ebon.  just keeping it here...
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Michionlion on June 27, 2011, 12:12:44 PM
Quote from: Michionlion on June 13, 2011, 01:26:42 PM
nice.... i wish i had time to do something like this.  I hope we can support you and help you finish what this started.

this was the post that i deleted to make room for ebon.  just keeping it here...
Ty Mich.

lich98

good story line do you have any other days comming out?
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Ebon Heart

Quote from: lich98 on July 01, 2011, 12:52:53 AM
good story line do you have any other days comming out?
well of course! :P I'll be through loki eventually. I,ll have access to a computer again on Sunday.

Ebon Heart

My computer crashed today and I lost my work on Draco, sorry for the delay.

Ranakastrasz

Gee, Don't you have an auto-save feature?