Pyxis

Started by flyingimam, December 10, 2009, 07:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyingimam

Best 10 $ I ever paid :), its a great game nevertheless, and it got me captivated.

apart from the positive feedback, I would never dream tucana would be so much of a problem, yet I got stuck at Pyxis, and after 2 days I spent, I finally admit that I need help.

so, any hints and tips for a newbie?

Qbear

hmm, I found Pyxis to be one of the easiest maps.  Go for a quick victory.  I built a line of collectors up the hill in front of the walls and got a mortar up there.  Extend the collectors to get the upgrades, then build 2-3 blasters.  You should  easily be able to  work up beside the walls as the creeper hasn't spread yet.  Just put the blaster close enough to the totem to guard the collector and do the same for the other side.  No need to cap it off.  You should win with time to spare before the walls degrade and the center creeper is any problem.  You might lose some of your collectors at the bottom and may even require one blaster to keep your city safe, but you should be able to win before it's much of a problem.

Aurzel

i used 4 blasters, two on either side of the pools while the ones on the inside also defended from the center creeper, i may have used a mortar or drone in there somewhere too i dont remember

flyingimam

Quote from: Qbear on December 10, 2009, 07:56:47 PM
hmm, I found Pyxis to be one of the easiest maps.  Go for a quick victory.  I built a line of collectors up the hill in front of the walls and got a mortar up there.  Extend the collectors to get the upgrades, then build 2-3 blasters.  You should  easily be able to  work up beside the walls as the creeper hasn't spread yet.  Just put the blaster close enough to the totem to guard the collector and do the same for the other side.  No need to cap it off.  You should win with time to spare before the walls degrade and the center creeper is any problem.  You might lose some of your collectors at the bottom and may even require one blaster to keep your city safe, but you should be able to win before it's much of a problem.

that totally rocked my world, thanks alot :)

Kamron3

I did 2 collector lines to the upgrades, then when I got the full green upgrades I went up the hill. 3:27 was my time.

_k

SPIFFEN

I used Drone's and Blaster's to make it .
i guess you need at leat 6 Drones and maybe 7 blasters ,
but it depends on your tatic and city placment .
I tryed to rush it , but didnt make it  =(
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Gr0v3r

Quote from: flyingimam on December 10, 2009, 09:39:10 PM
Quote from: Qbear on December 10, 2009, 07:56:47 PM

that totally rocked my world, thanks alot :)

I agree. soo easy once you get the creeper under control in the middle

salone

i've tried both rushing and sitting back a couple of times, but its still not working for me :(

Alwego

http://alwego.elock.com.pl/cw/story/Pyxis.avi

salone

thanks much alwego, it seems i was focusing too much upon mortars to break up the middle three