different creepers

Started by djcian, December 06, 2009, 04:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcian

i thought that maybe you could have different colored creeper emitters be more or less powerful like some spread out faster then others or some spread out slower but because of that they build up behind the front lines.  also maybe a creeper that, when it gets to a building connected to the network it steals packets already on the network or starts to send packets of creeper to other buildings and also make it so the buildings take longer to sell completely so you can't just get rid of it quickly or maybe not at all while the creeper is on it.  this idea is probably a little too complex to use.

also an ideas/ suggestion section on the forums would be nice i think
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

Mrmcdeath

I like your idea that would be great. How about you can choose between spores or "waves" of creeper. A wave meaning if it came from the top it would start flowing from the top at a fixed rate for a fixed time. So like in the level "the cascades" it would come from the top and it would make the creeper come faster untill it went off.
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

knucracker

Yeah, one of the things I considered during development was 'friendly' creeper.  As in a structure you could build that would produce friendly creeper.  This creeper would annihilate (like matter/antimatter) anytime it touched bad creeper.  Never really had a chance to explore it, though, due to time constraints.

I can certainly (am almost done) allow customizable colors for the creeper.  Having different types of creeper on the map at the same time would be problematic.  Right now, Creeper is Creeper and it doesn't matter where it came from.  It mixes freely basically.  If there were different types, it would either have to mix and become a hybrid of attributes, or not mix and push each other around based on relative thickness.

This extra calculation would be problematic (at least in the current engine).

But you are all gonna get a real kick out of crazy colored Creeper.  I've been playing with neon colored cyan and yellow for the last little bit and it is pretty wild to look at.

Mrmcdeath

Sounds awesome virgil! Hope its done by tommorrow. Gotta go to school again...  :'( can't wait for christmas break.
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

Aurzel

omg if you can push forward on the 'friendly creeper' i would soooo need that in my story i'm itching to use a third party due to a certain twist thats coming but atm no way to do that and if friendly creeper and an ally could be thrown into the game i would be ecstatic