Deficit

Started by Wheatmidge, March 07, 2012, 03:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheatmidge

I thought deficit was when you ran out of energy but on some custom maps I am running into deficit while my collection is higher than my depletion. Does this mean that i need more speed to get the energy out of odin city faster?

Michionlion

no, there is a max amount of packets that odin city can produce, and speed does not raise that limit.  (the limit is 30 i believe)
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

mpete

sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

mthw2vc

The limit for packet output is indeed 32, but you won't be able to output more than 20 without building at least one storage node.

Wheatmidge

That is very handy to know, that generating more than 32 energy is useless. So making too many weapons can just be a waste.

2b3o4o

Quote from: Wheatmidge on March 07, 2012, 10:18:04 PM
That is very handy to know, that generating more than 32 energy is useless. So making too many weapons can just be a waste.
Right, so you should always use the least amount of weapons possible. ;D

GamePlayer

Was more than 32 energy generation possible in earlier versions of the game?  I seem to recall that at very high storage levels (>2000 storage capacity - I have no idea why this mattered, but it seemed to, just like currently you can use more than 21 energy unless you build at least one energy storage container) I could hit 48 and once even 64 usable energy.  I've done this repeatedly in the past, but not recently.  However currently I'm not able to recreate this.  It seemed that it stayed capped at 32 usable energy until I reach some point then jumped to 48 and then 64.  It's wasn't a linear progression.

Currently, it looks like it's linear to 21 and then caps at 21 until you build at least 1 energy storage device.  And then is linear to 32 where it caps out.

Ranakastrasz

Yep, its limited to 21 because energy is generated every second, while packets are deployed every tick (32 ticks per second)
Because you have 20 energy capacity, it fills up to *generated amount*, makes a packet, then drops it to capacity. Hence, 21. Add one, it would be 41, if not for the tick limitation.

zcxcasd

how much minimum collection equals 32 energy generation?

Karsten75

Quote from: zcxcasd on April 03, 2012, 03:08:02 PM
how much minimum collection equals 32 energy generation?

32. :)  Can't send out more than you take in.

mthw2vc

Quote from: Ranakastrasz on March 13, 2012, 10:01:05 PM
Yep, its limited to 21 because energy is generated every second, while packets are deployed every tick (32 ticks per second)
Because you have 20 energy capacity, it fills up to *generated amount*, makes a packet, then drops it to capacity. Hence, 21. Add one, it would be 41, if not for the tick limitation.
IIRC, the city only outputs 20 when you're at the limit without storage. It just incorrectly displays 21.