Upgrades / Nanobot Deposit

Started by SPIFFEN, January 04, 2010, 07:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPIFFEN

Again i tryed to search for this , but no result =(

But what is best to upgrade first for each map ?

I guess it depends on how you play the game and so on ,
and what kind of map it is .

The upgrade choises are :

Produce 10% more energy               Increase fire range by 20%
Everything cost 10% less to build     Increase fire rate by 15%
Build things 20% faster                   Increase move speed by 30%

I choose build things 20% faster if i get the upgrade fast ,
then i have chosen increase fire range by 20 % .

This has worked for me so far , as an newbee i'm =P

What is your experience ?
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Siccles

i usually go for the 10% more energy upgrade 1st and then for the 10% less buildingcost.

The firerate and the range are not always a good idea, in fact there are situations where they will hinder you rather than help you (for example you usually want blasters to shoot only at un-layered creeper, but the range upgrade may make this harder to do, causing the blaster to waste energy firing at deep creeper)

Karsten75

Quote from: SPIFFEN on January 04, 2010, 07:29:26 AM
Again i tryed to search for this , but no result =(

Let me ask you, based on your siggy line, what is the nanobot deposit part of the title all about?

SPIFFEN

QuoteLet me ask you, based on your siggy line, what is the nanobot deposit part of the title all about?

The Upgrade thing in the game is called that , the thing you have to get to get upgrades .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Young

I am torn between 10% energy vs 20% building faster.

It seems per pack it builds 20% faster. So in essences it saves energy. But my eye can be playing tricks me on me I guess.

Siccles

i dont think so, 20% building faster should probably only send out packets (for building) 20% faster as usual (meaning that if you have enough energy it finishes 20% faster, if not no speed increase) but im not sure

Karsten75

Bovius

My usual choice order:

10% energy - energy is king.
20% faster building - sometimes a toss up for the first slot. Ultimately I want things built fast, but having more energy to work with tends to contribute more to that goal.
10% less cost - useful, but less so than the above two. Both this and faster building are once-per-building benefits, while the energy boost is ongoing.
30% move speed - more responsive to threats, easier to reuse weapons.
15% fire rate - dubiously useful. Sometimes it's good, but sometimes it's just a bigger drain on your energy for no perceptible gain.
20% fire range - often just the opposite of what I want. As Siccles noted, this can put your blasters in reach of pools you don't want them wasting their time one, and generally makes capping emitters more difficult.