Increase the complexity of CPRL tower scripts

Started by Kingo, December 18, 2012, 06:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooltv27

I think a player CPRL tower (or what ever name it would be given) should be a titan that you may or may not be able to build, but requires lots and lots of packets, and can only be coded up to a certain complexity, the higher the complexity the more packets used, but nothing like, I instantly win
uh oh here comes the creeper, QUICK GET SOME BLASTERS READY! wait, wait, wai, FIRE! IM ON FIRE! NO, NO, NO, GET AWA (the rest was taken by the creeper, taken back and eaten)
I has a youtube channel youtube.com/user/cooltv27

J

Quote from: cooltv27 on December 20, 2012, 11:58:45 PM
I think a player CPRL tower (or what ever name it would be given) should be a titan that you may or may not be able to build, but requires lots and lots of packets, and can only be coded up to a certain complexity, the higher the complexity the more packets used, but nothing like, I instantly win
Do you know what you can do with CRPL? If you want this it will need about 100 packets/second and the player must be familiar with CRPL (what probably only 2% will be). With CRPL you can change anything anywhere at any time (or continuous) on the map.

lurkily

Virgil has stated on the blog that there are things he doesn't plan to do with them - for instance, he does not plan to make them capable of interfacing with the player's network at this time.\

As for player CRPL towers . . . can we say 'I win' buttons?  Might as well just bring back Thor or Dark Beams.

Besides, when should you make a gamer learn programming?  Gaming shouldn't feel like work.

4xC

If you ask me, the CRPL tower should appear exclusively in the last campaign level of CW3. I say this because we know so much about the enemies of CW3 that I fear I will get bored fast as I fight them when CW3 is released. I was also thinking of possibly making it the new Nexus of CW3 or something. Honestly, I hope that, even though it is a custom map unit, it makes some exclusive campaign appearances.
C,C,C,C

lurkily

I'm going to guess that V's not going to present the name "Creeper Reverse Polish Language Tower" as the name of the unit in-game.  Maybe the mappers will use that, but the players?  You'd be better off letting the mapper present the name of the tower. 

Why reserve them for the last level?  They can do so much.  If you're worried about standard units boring you, shouldn't we be using variants of standard units (through scripted instructions) that get wilder as the game progresses, to culminate in a big bad boss?