CW2 Bonus Map 9 (Cubic) : the quest for a fast ending

Started by sabinou, August 21, 2011, 09:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabinou

Hi everyone, it's my first time posting here, I love a lot the Creeper World games, and at last, I'm starting to express myself :)

I'm especially fond of the Bonus Map 9, Cubic.
Of course, the first time I played it, I didn't notice there was a block with 1 billion creeper inside, and I lost nearly everything before I managed to get back on track - loved that thrill, that raising incredulity feeling as a whole room filled with like 20 blasters and 10 launchers was wiped off, leaving me in complete panic.

Using the best of my ability, I've become able to finish it in just a tiny bit more than 11 minutes, but 11.x minutes is like a wall I can't break.

And yet, I've seen other persons managed to perform better !

So, I'm asking, just in case, please would YOU have an idea, about HOW to manage to finish that map faster ?
Thank you very much if you can help :)

Kithros

Well, first off, there's a huge amount of improvement probably in how quickly you deal with all the other rooms - it's entirely possible to have all the rooms except the 1G creeper and the middle room completely cleared by the 4 minute mark (that's before the bars would appear in the top room - this means they won't spawn at all).

As far as the 1G creeper goes, don't bother using blasters until it's less dense. Just wall it in with shields and use all your energy on launchers, building more shields as necessary. If you already have  reactor efficiency maxed out, then destroy all your tech domes and build more reactors (truthfully if this would happen you probably built too many tech domes though)

EDIT: Oh, while it's possible to kill the 10 health emitter just under you quickly, I recommend actually finishing that off at the same time you're killing the 1G creeper, it's a huge energy sink building 10 nullifiers early on and it's easy to control that emitter just using 1 blaster and 4 shields surrounding it for the entire map.

Fisherck

Quote from: Kithros on August 21, 2011, 09:44:20 PM
EDIT: Oh, while it's possible to kill the 10 health emitter just under you quickly, I recommend actually finishing that off at the same time you're killing the 1G creeper, it's a huge energy sink building 10 nullifiers early on and it's easy to control that emitter just using 1 blaster and 4 shields surrounding it for the entire map.

Never thought of it that way. I might want to go back and try that map again... ;)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

thepenguin

supposing the rooms are set up:

I'd reccomend digging between 1 and 2, but not 1 and 4, and then digging between 2 and 5 (i.e incase it breaks out of the first room, channel it throuch the middle chamber, where it will all get stopped W/O weapons)
We have become the creeper...

Fisherck

Quote from: thepenguin on August 22, 2011, 08:22:48 AM
but not 1 and 4

I don't think that is very wise if your going for the fastest time. I've always gone straight through that room, especially since you can get a nice reactor boost for a while.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.