Change/toggle collector grid color.

Started by mothwentbad, January 02, 2010, 06:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothwentbad

Maybe we shouldn't have to see the green collector coverage indicator at all times? I think only when building new collectors do I really care... and even if I always want to see it, why not make the color costumizable?

Suppose you want a map where you're trying to drain the spirit of the Earth itself, or something, and the "creep" is nature itself, like a sentient forest bent on throwing you out somehow. Then green collectors and green creep would be pretty confusing...

Young

Quote from: mothwentbad on January 02, 2010, 06:04:17 PM
Maybe we shouldn't have to see the green collector coverage indicator at all times? I think only when building new collectors do I really care... and even if I always want to see it, why not make the color costumizable?

Suppose you want a map where you're trying to drain the spirit of the Earth itself, or something, and the "creep" is nature itself, like a sentient forest bent on throwing you out somehow. Then green collectors and green creep would be pretty confusing...

Your suggestion is EPIC fail.

I just really don't see a use behind it. Don't you like the pretty green that you want to fill up every little spot with?

impikmin

His suggestion might take too much work to justify the result, but it isn't EPIC FAIL. I mean, why let us change the color of the creeper at all then? I think he's got a great idea for a custom map with a nice story line there.

nic nac

its not really fail nor hard.
just copy the SAM vis code and you're good to go with a few little mods to the vars & values.

I like that idea, as it'd support efficient network construction in early states.
logical S... means big S... - me

mothwentbad

...did I say "costumizable?" That's not a word. :(

TheBuilder

it would make for different map ideas though
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."

Aurzel

its a nice idea for aesthetic and, in this case, map value
and i dont see why it cant be changed it sounds like it should be pretty simple