Custom Map #3311: [VPAC] No Vanilla Please. By: Vertu

Started by AutoPost, July 12, 2022, 12:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3311: [VPAC] No Vanilla Please

Author: Vertu
Size: 200x120

Vertu

Well darn, I was unable to finalize this map on the day I said I would. But it is still within 24 hours of the time I posted that comment.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

Zarem

Possible bug or oversight but you can kill your own Lancers with TCML, I also destroyed my own Creeper forge with TCML. I did this by aiming the TCML directly below the Lancer and Creeper forge. When the Lancer gets killed by TCML it skipps the wreck and directly refunds the power.

Vertu

Quote from: Zarem on July 12, 2022, 12:44:24 PM
Possible bug or oversight but you can kill your own Lancers with TCML, I also destroyed my own Creeper forge with TCML. I did this by aiming the TCML directly below the Lancer and Creeper forge. When the Lancer gets killed by TCML it skipps the wreck and directly refunds the power.
Friendly fire is a thing and the TCM would break up the broken Lancer into more parts, increasing surface area for reclaim progress though skipping the reclaim part is not ideal. I will see if I can fix it but it is less of a oversight and more of an exploit. lol

Or are you talking about while it was building? That is fine. Works alright, just that the Nexus freaks out basically going "HEY WHAT THE HELL?!".
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

Zarem

I did it to a fully built Lancer. Btw is the reclaim progress supposed to jump by 20% when hitting the wrech with the TCML? Also is it possible to have the power indicator reflect the 3 power cost of a Lancer when it is building and not when it is finished? I have forgotten too many times that I do not have 3 excess power available.

Vertu

Quote from: Zarem on July 12, 2022, 06:03:51 PM
I did it to a fully built Lancer. Btw is the reclaim progress supposed to jump by 20% when hitting the wrech with the TCML? Also is it possible to have the power indicator reflect the 3 power cost of a Lancer when it is building and not when it is finished? I have forgotten too many times that I do not have 3 excess power available.
Actually in canon, the Lancer does not exist until it is built, the Nexus literally just throws out the parts from the rift it creates to build it. It being the blue shimmer of an unbuilt unit I thought is good enough as all the other units don't have a build phase. Besides, it is literally a vanilla concept that units need to be built before properly consuming ammo and operating as it does. The V-Reactor doesn't produce energy until built, the V-Rod does not give bonuses until built, my point is, when something is not built it does not really exert influence, so I will not be changing it. It does not use power because it wasn't built and since it is a vanilla concept within the CW4 game mechanic I see no reason to change it.

The TCML jumping the progress is technically intentional as I said in my last reply.

wfo92gt

My dude. Love your maps. Especially the way you are not locked in to one way to beat them.

But please, pretty please, from the most humble and nicest corner of my being. Don't ever use this color scheme again. It is eye cancer, and especially tricky when you have a unit like the lancer that can be damaged by anticreep.

Vertu

Quote from: wfo92gt on July 16, 2022, 01:22:20 AM
My dude. Love your maps. Especially the way you are not locked in to one way to beat them.

But please, pretty please, from the most humble and nicest corner of my being. Don't ever use this color scheme again. It is eye cancer, and especially tricky when you have a unit like the lancer that can be damaged by anticreep.
Thanks for the feedback though sadly I already released another map with that theme. Luckily AC is not much of a thing on that one and I reduced the brightness a bit.
I will be sure to take more care into that and try to see if I can make AC more visible. What you could do in the mean time is enabled AC lines to be seen as they are disabled by default and normal Creeper has lines by default. That can really help.

Disabling Beauty terrain may also help a ton.

wfo92gt

Quote from: Vertu on July 16, 2022, 02:18:48 AM
Quote from: wfo92gt on July 16, 2022, 01:22:20 AM

Thanks for the feedback though sadly I already released another map with that theme. Luckily AC is not much of a thing on that one and I reduced the brightness a bit.
I will be sure to take more care into that and try to see if I can make AC more visible. What you could do in the mean time is enabled AC lines to be seen as they are disabled by default and normal Creeper has lines by default. That can really help.

Disabling Beauty terrain may also help a ton.

I had never noticed the Beauty Terrain option before. Tried it on the new map. Did, indeed, help a ton!

Vertu

Quote from: wfo92gt on July 16, 2022, 08:31:11 AM
I had never noticed the Beauty Terrain option before. Tried it on the new map. Did, indeed, help a ton!
I don't know how that option works but I really wanted just the grid setup yet that option adds.... well a lot of decoration. If I knew how to prevent that kind of modification I would of implemented in the used texture.

Snicker

Bug-  False victory on nullify enemies. I placed a adv emmiter next to a nullifier i didnt see. I think when it got nulled it counted.

Vertu

Quote from: Snicker on July 23, 2022, 12:01:32 AM
Bug-  False victory on nullify enemies. I placed a adv emmiter next to a nullifier i didnt see. I think when it got nulled it counted.
It really shouldn't as your starting Emitters would never of been nullified. I don't know how you did this.

MadVandal

Vertu

Snicker

Are you saying that there is a potential Nuke victory if i get everything nulled! XD