Custom Map #9532: MG can make normal maps 5. By: Martin Gronsdal

Started by AutoPost, June 13, 2021, 09:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9532: MG can make normal maps 5

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 256x256

Desc:
no tricks, but start is somewhat difficult. You can start in 4 places. The totems are powerful, BUT - they are hidden under an air exclusion tower. Either fight to get to them or destroy that tower at the very beginning. After that there is a nasty spore tower, but you can kill it before it spews it's anger.

Helper

Fun stuff.
The start took me a few tries.
I think getting that 25x Spore Tower before it kicks off would take some 'sorcery'. I had plenty of power to build all the protection I needed, but it took quite a while to finally destroy it.
After setting up in the fortress I attacked it by going down and across that high ground in the middle.
Ended up with each CN attacking across at the top, middle, and bottom.
Long fight, but I liked it.
Thanks,
H

Martin Gronsdal

Great!

Remember that
Spoiler
singularity at edges of the map is especially effective
[close]

Helper

RATS!
Spoiler
I never think of that option.
As soon as I maxed out everything in the Forge, I stopped re-supplying it.
[close]
Oops!
H

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, the totems are the key in this map. I really don't understand the low ratings though - it's really not that difficult once you realize how OP the totems are.

I let the 25-spore tower fire away for a couple minutes before destroying it. Love the waves of spores for some reason. It's like a waterfall or something.

This is an enjoyable map, but I would've preferred an inhibitor so we didn't have to kill every single emitter. But it really wasn't awful taking everything out at a nice slow pace.

Thanks for the map!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Martin Gronsdal

that was my exact thought too - an inhibitor. But past experiences and maps beaten in 49 seconds, have taught me to be careful with inhibitors  8)

Johnny Haywire

True... so it has to be a strong inhibitor, with digitalis surrounding it. And an air exclusion tower too with nowhere to land a CN near it. That'd keep the sub-1-minute people at bay.  ;)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?