[Tutorial] PRPL Programming video tutorial, episode 3

Started by kajacx, November 02, 2017, 01:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kajacx

I've made a video tutorial on how to write code in PRPL. It doesn't require any prior experience with programming, however there is a bit of math (using the sin and cos functions).

In the tutorial you will see how to make this simple bomb unit that will explode into particle when a friendly ship comes near.

The next tutorial is out. This time I made a spawner for the bombs from the first tutorial and explain to FOXX how it works, but I didn't set the audio recording correctly and, sadly, you can't hear him in the video. But don't worry, most of the time it's clear what he's saying from my responce. At least I know what to keep in check for the next time :)
Link: youtube video

Episode 3:
I re-make the bomb swapner into a custom module: video link.

I'm planning on continuing the series with hopefully better quality videos.
Why do work yourself, when you can write a program that will do the work for you.

FOXX

Great video's
can't wait to see more.
I have to see them again but i alredy learned a lot from the first 3 :)

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

kajacx

Quote from: Sorrontis on November 02, 2017, 03:28:31 PM
Thanks for doing it, so I don'thave to :P

That would assume a certail level of quality on my tutorials, which I don't see yet :)
Why do work yourself, when you can write a program that will do the work for you.