Pass The Map 1 - Particle Fleet Edition!

Started by planetfall, July 14, 2017, 05:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOXX

When i got the map there were some blocks away and it's not for the reason that you mention "when it's like "oh look what's this, i didn't put this here. Well, deleting it!"
Its for making progress and since PF is mostly Spaceships and make progress i deleted the lines but the last square.
It was not to make confusion sorry for that but in the end the map goes open or with the squares??
If the squares have to go back i will change that.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

cpaca

@FOXX
First line: That's for scripts... and that's more of an example. 
Others may question "Why is this here"
Also didn't know you changed it or anything. 
Second line: Eh, I guess that's fine. It should be down to the person who made the square to add the walls to the square, but once the things inside have been made, I guess removing the walls is OK unless otherwise specified. 
In the end: each player chooses own Square's walls. 
If the player does not respond, No walls! 
Before you ask me to respond, I need the walls I put on mine! It becomes too hard [what with the Ticon Explosion and all] if there are no walls 
@everyone 
UNLOCKED
Some idiot-modes I had: 
"Why isn't this getting Custom Modules! Why! Why!" 
"Oh, it would probably help if i put the Master script on some PRPL core ;-; that would help, no?" 

"Oh, it would probably help to name it correctly" 

"Oh, it does. Weird texture. Eh, leave it." 
RELOCKED
I just noticed the 300 CM rule. 
Made a 398 CM ship I need to fix.
[/s]
fixed it
UNLOCKED
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

GoodMorning

Hello again all...

Just a quick note: I have a script in place which will not work if the game is unpaused and the scripts recompiled without manual reconstruction. I can (in this instance) fix it in the finalisation stage, but it seems worth making a request. (I could add guard logic, but that usually begets lag.)
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

cpaca

and i have figured out why there's not the intended texture on my ship. 
i forgot to set the texture. 
now you know my idiot moments are true, look at the timestamps on the two posts
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

GoodMorning

Playtested again, here's the feedback:

Edit: This is all meant to be constructive - I just reread it while tired, and parts seemed "critical" in the popular sense if taken in a certain light.

Harder than 90% of the Exchange. Getting an energy mine is tedious. If nobody objects, I'll repurpose the south square for that.

Nicant: Those drills are good, but they could as easily be combined into one unit - if you can get one of them, it's a matter of seconds until they all fall. If they could activate after a time delay (maybe reposition/weaken the mire spawner?) that would work well.

Decagon: Nice balance.

FOXX: The middle is now much tougher - no longer a good start point, though it can fall to the HQ alone with some micromanagement. The blue mire-spawner in the west I could not figure out a way to save (you could make it stronger and put a gem in it, perhaps?). I'm also unclear on the purpose of making an Emitter invisible.

planetfall: The event-tag is back. Probably someone reloaded the map in the same editor folder without deleting the scripts, so they've recompiled over the fixes in the save. If you like, I can remove the tag code.

cpapa: I see what you're going for, but... The middle-right is irritating - it is not a challenge, only an inconvenience. I like the lathable particle burst. The cannon is (unintentionally?) inactive as the mine is never built. Also, please don't wire it to my square - I could remove the land bridge connection point in my square, but it spoils the symmetry. Would you like me to upgrade your particle-maker module to use energy as it works? Working for free doesn't seem balanced, somehow.

All: The borders of each square are the decision of whoever makes the square. That is why they are two cells thick.

Edit: LOCKED while I adjust the south square.

planetfall

Here's the correct :destroyed for Launcher.prpl. The line duration is missing if it's appearing in the wrong spot.

:destroyed
<-IsEnemy if
2 "ENEMY LAUNCHER DESTROYED" <-CurrentX <-CurrentY 90 AddGameEventAtCell
else
3 "LAUNCHER DESTROYED" <-CurrentX <-CurrentY 90 AddGameEventAtCell
endif
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

GoodMorning

Well, that's precisely what was extracted from the version I just playtested. However, a quick "save, delete" in the editor shows it working properly.

Another playtest, and it's still one of the less trivial maps, but I've cut a lot of time and busywork by providing a start point.

So... UNLOCKED

FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

UNLOCKED

- Put the Square back around cpacas section.
- The invisible Emitter was just an idea but after reading GMs post i set it to Visible.
- The friendly MireSpawner is supposed to be destroyed. The player should have enough Omnis to take over the Turtle Land.

I assumed that the last part would be the starting area but now we have a start area in the middle south section. So that is done.
Also I've noticed that this save is more in game than the previous save. Meaning i see some enemy ships build now. Not that it is bad but is this intended?

I tested the map for about 10 mins in current state and building up goes a tad slow. Taking over Nicants part didn't succeed so i went for the middle part and then the turtle part to get the Tanker Pickup.
Love the Particle Maker Ship :) [some day i will manage to do custom ships]
In current state this map will take me about 35 mins i think. And i consider this also a Hard Map. Maybe to hard for the average player.

Last Part still up for Grabs and i already have 2 sections so this one is for somebody else.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

planetfall

I played the map through in the previous state while FOXX was updating it. I haven't played the newest version yet, but here are my thoughts so far:

-My path was S, SE, C, E, NE, W, SW, NW
-I activated the land bridge once before I was ready, and got overrun by red mire. There weren't that many red particles colliding with the outside and my omnis in the SE had plenty energy left, so it seems the snakes generate red mire? Is this intended?
-I wanted an amp gem for taking on my area, but the only amp gems are in Nicant's area. This is not obvious because they drop from enemies. Also, to defeat the flip-mire-things, I needed everything from every other area, and even then I had to do multiple omni suicide rushes. This is also not obvious. Suggestion: allow built red drills to be lathed.
-As previously stated, E's energy mine doesn't build.
-NE and W are great!
-The amount of firepower needed to kill the mire in the SW is ludicrous and out of proportion with the amount of firepower needed to defeat any other area.
-SE is interesting, but the purpose is defeated by the fact that a player who hasn't seen the map before doesn't get the message about the energy source until they start to de-mire it.
-E is hobbled somewhat by confining everything inside walls so that you can just park a lathe outside.
-Probably not possible to defeat NW's ship without taking out hostile mines elsewhere first.
-Prebuilt discharger ships render all stunners in the map pointless.
-Particle maker module should take energy.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

cpaca

Wait, my energy mine wasn't built? 
Someone told me this? 
I should really be checking this stuff more often. 
I'll be fixing it... 
Also, the idea of the Particle Maker module not taking energy is that the Emitters used to be flip-emitters but the Particle Maker took all that power away. 
Also, the Starting Grabber G2 is from elsewhere, I guess. 
Will be clarifying that in the conversation as well, i guess 
Also, since 3 people have not gone between me and the last square I can't build ): 
Perhaps for PTM3 change the rule to 3 people OR 3 days [assuming they weren't the last builder] 

EDIT POST: 
I'm also putting an Amp Gem factory to compensate for the lack of AMPs everywhere else. 
I'm only limitting it to 3 gems, though, and that's all the AMP i am adding there. 

EDIT POST 2: 
Oh, We're starting in the S? 
I figured we started in C...  so that's why i said it would be impossible without my box. 
I would still like my box anyway, allows my Ticon Defense to mire the outside of SE n such.

edits are on post below

cpaca

I'm currently playing the map I just put up. 
Being the TERRIBLE PF person i am, i have 2 squares... at 40 minutes. 
I'll keep you guys updated. 
Ok, changing the map a little. This post and the above post have the noted change. 
Turns out the box connecting made getting the new ships impossible... probably wouldve helped to get them 
EDIT POST 3: Made getting the new ships impossible... If mire went across diagonals and the Snakes produced mire [guess what, both are false.]

Second run: Much better. 
Now that i know the bridge thing... 
40 minutes, 4 squares [S,SE,E, and C]

Update: 1:25:00 and now i'm down to the last square, SW. 
Now we can scale how difficult it is! 
Yes, i did get everything else.

Last Update: 1:35:00 and I won. 
The new Amp gems I added made it easier, I feel, compared to what planetfall said. 
My strategy: [In order of how I beat them]
This is helpful for those who want to figure out how to change their squares.
Blue OR [whichever i had] Assembler = Lathe
Tanker or the other thing with a port = Tanker.
S
Spoiler
Self,explanatory, there's nothing which can even hit you in there.
[close]
SE
Spoiler
Took out a few mire spawners with the HQ and the Blue. The ones I couldn't get, I used Blue to fly over and remove the Energy Mine. Then I dropped the omnis, also used the Grabber G2 to help.
[close]
C
Spoiler
Used the GrabberG2 to take out the nearest Power Node. Used the Blue to capture the Flip-emitter. Took the fidget spinner down, and captured Energy Nodes CounterClockwise.
I kept the HQ on the western Power node: It kept dying, and it was to like 1 or 2 particles. Had to stop that until i took W.
[close]
E
Spoiler
Took the nearby emitters and the info cache with Lathes. Flipped the Ticon Defenses with Lathe-Tanker combo. Did that twice, here's a tip: Watch the dischargers. From there I did a constant Omni Suicide until all the emitters were dead. Then it was easy pickings for the Dischargers and Lathes.
[close]
W
Spoiler
Easily took this down with the AMP'd Grabber G3. Simple omni suicide. Went for a little SW for the emitters to stop and get the str 0 power nodes, to get Power Node cannons and annoy the enemy.
[close]
NE
Spoiler
Pointed the Grabber G3, lost it once do to not knowing the patrol path of the ships. Went again, killed the ship in the middle using the Guppy G3. Used  the Rye to help kill the patrol ships. Went Lathe then Omni suicide around the right for the Stunner. Went Lathe on the Ship Spawner, while the ship was up.
[close]
NW
Spoiler
This one was actually kind of difficult. Killed the smaller wall [without mire spawners] with Grabber G2. Kept G2 there until the end. I could only go in for attacks about 30-45 seconds long. Figured out how to trick the missile launchers: Trike in, Micro the trike out whilst Lathes go in for the spawner. Killed the ship by draining its shields. 
Then I went for the launchers. Trike in, Lathe in trike out micro, for the 3 closer Launchers. Then, trike in, Lathe in trike out micro, to send omni suicide in. Took one mire spawner easy, had difficulties with the second one. Went in for the middle Energy core with Omnis and Energy Cores. Grabber G3 on the bigger wall had to come in in order for the Omnis to stop dying. Glad I took this one out: The AMP gem was useful in the final attack on SW.
[close]
SW
Spoiler
EASY battle. Focused Grabber G3 and Grabber G2 on one thing, both AMP'd. Then I dropped omni suicide on the first one. Kept omnis there. G3 and G2 to the next one, they take that theirselves. They don't get to finish the 3rd str 10 before I win the game.
[close]

ANOTHER EDIT: LOCKED
adding fields to replace the land so that Mire doesn't hit bottom-right

cpaca

UNLOCKED

GoodMorning

cpaca: You can use your later post to hold the "UNLOCKED".

My last playthrough: S C E SE W SW NW NE

SE: The snakes should hold to conservation of mire. The high miring rate was due to the land bridge to the E, which is now removed, as I had asked above. I had removed two gems from the SE because they made it too easy. I can put one back, but it seems cpaca has a workable solution.

In the E one can/could park the lathes outside the wall.

The NE can be taken with Rye, Bear and a missile ship by draining power. This can happen in tandem with the W assault.

In the NW, the Blue is fast enough to dodge. With a little bit of luck, it can dodge before the plasma is cleared, though it is unlikely to have a power supply in this case. I threw the Delay pickup in in the S primarily to help with plasma clearance.

For any future PTMs, I suggest "one gem per section" as a guideline.

Edit: LOCKED to bugfix and upgrade.

Edit: UNLOCKED

FOXX

Quote from: GoodMorning on July 18, 2017, 06:56:06 PM

For any future PTMs, I suggest "one gem per section" as a guideline.

Yeah, i agree with the AmpGems. In my Maps i make sure the Player has at least some or a Factory at some point.
So since the blue Mire Spawner in the West dies anyways, now it leaves behind an AmpGem.
Also i have made a Spawn so if the Fidget Spinner gets destroyed it also leaves behind an AmpGem. So 2 AmpGems from my 2 Areas.

UNLOCKED

edit 2: Question off topic but then i don't have to create a new thread:
           Is there code or a way to prevent the Pause from working? So that you can't pause the game when you pay?
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!