Pass The Map 1 - Particle Fleet Edition!

Started by planetfall, July 14, 2017, 05:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpaca

Desided I'm not gonna make a particle blaster. 
I can't make textures. I'm terrible drawer. Terrible. Also don't feel like having to bother coding "Set self Texture" 
So why not just a PRPL core which spawns Particles in random locations? 
Because createparticle on the wiki is broken, and I don't feel like figuring it out myself. 
Broken, as in it won't tell me the order to put the thingies in [i1 first or f1 first? And why is f4 above f3 in the list? Is f4 first? ????]
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

GoodMorning

CreateParticle:
[ PX PY Dir Speed Hardness Enemy - PID ]

Pixel X and Y, direction in radians, hardness: SOFT=0 MED=1 HARD=2

Please do not make a random particle spawner, it's too easy to hit a bridge and toast a ship.

Edit: LOCKED to do a few fixes in the SE.

Edit: UNLOCKED again. Hopefully the UI is clear.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

Quote from: GoodMorning on July 15, 2017, 09:15:24 PM

Please do not make a random particle spawner, it's too easy to hit a bridge and toast a ship.
I agree
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

cpaca

Alright guys. I won't. 
I'll give the people a 10 second warning with a circle that gets smaller over time, and then becomes 100 particles. 
No fleet toasting, but adds a little more "different" 
Also, it may or may not steal one of your CustomImages you guys put xp 

edit: final choice: 
too lazy to prpl

you got it guys? stop replying about this
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

GoodMorning

This could wreak havoc if it goes off in my section after is is stabilised. Please confine it to your own section.

cpaca

Question, and NOT for the maker! This is for the other players and asking if it would unbalance their squares: 
First of all: Custom Modules. 
[waiting for any arguments that it might break their square] 
I was hoping to make an upgraded Grabber to use - The Grabber G2, with an inbuilt Blue Particle spawner. 
Attached is a PRPL for the module. Just stick that onto a Grabber and the grabber will push out Blue Particulate. I find 10 delay to be balanced. 
I am wondering if this might break the balance in anyone's square. If so, you have until July 17 at 11:59 PM [Pacific US] or until 1 empty square remains before I lock it and apply Custom Grabber. 
Well, if you know about the time, you would know about if this would break your square.

GoodMorning

By all means add more ships - it's only unexpected PRPL events that tend to be map-breaking.

Also, planetfall has built a section too - a square just as we are making. Therefore, he has precisely as much right to make requests as the rest of us who have built squares. Just a note.

FOXX

Yeah, we are all in this together.
Custom modules i think is a cool idea.
Keep balance in consideration so it won't be a too hard of a map.
At this stage, there is no saying what the end result is going to be but i have a feeling this Map is gonna be a tough one.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Keeper Decagon

My goodness, at this rate, my little section at the top right is going to be one of the only areas lacking any sort of interesting PRPL magic. XD

Welp, at least it makes it straight forward. :P
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Nicant

CW4 hype!!

Nicant

CW4 hype!!

cpaca

@Decagon 
I just want some PRPL-based reason for people to come to my land. 
I want to make my land the first-target attack. Currently: 
>Lots of energy
>Lots of mire-spawners
>Omni-pickups
>Ticon defence *on flip when lathed* 
>Energy node
>Flip-emitters
And soon:
>Grabber which generates its own particles! 
>but no more flip-emitters

GoodMorning

Not to be greedy, but since there are still sections remaining...

UNLOCKED

There's something in the south...

FOXX

Remaining Left Side

Permission to put Range Detector Script under the Ticon Defense Gun In Nicants Part??
And also tweaking my Part a Little [make some fields :)]

UNLOCKED
Put a Turtle Image in.
A Custom Ship Pickup [a small relay ship] and a Custom Ship [Fish]
Energy Node and an Emitter. Didn't go for more at the moment.

LAST PART UP FOR GRABS ;)
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

cpaca

I solved custom modules AND 8 of 9 squares are done, so as promised, CUSTOM SHIPPPPS 
Also, putting the walls back on my square. The map is impossible if there's nothing blocking the Particulate from going to the Middle 
Another thing. Do not change eachother's Master scripts! 
It can become quite confusing... when it's like "oh look what's this, i didn't put this here. Well, deleting it!" 
Also, GuppyG2 ship will have Custom Master script now. So that.