Exchange feature request (RFC)

Started by GoodMorning, September 21, 2016, 09:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

Hello all,

In order to preempt the inevitable complaint cloud, may I ask for a statistic in the Exchange to be recorded, next to map rating, which measures difficulty. This would need to be accessible to those who do not finish a map.

Hopefully this will allow easier selection of maps and prevent complaints. This would benefit players who don't view the forum, as well as mapmakers.

Thoughts and opinions?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

planetfall

I'm going to use this to piggyback an unrelated suggestion of my own: the ability to move a sim map in the exchange to your sim history (so its values can be edited.)
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

knucracker

I can tell you how to hack it in...

When you download an exchange map that started life as a sim map, the file actually contains the sim 'code'. 
For instance, download say map #17 then find this file:
c:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents\My Games\particlefleet\exchange\maps\0\17.pf1

It will be 79 bytes large and contain the serialized settings for the simulacrum.  To use it, you will have to base64 encode it.  On windows, Total Commander can help with that. On linux I think there's a base64 command you can use.

Taking map 17 as an example, this is what the base64 encoded data looks like:
AACh00VpeHv/IemRUCOAAdgAIsoAAAAfAIcARgMHAwgEAxEKBBICCAYEAQgDAxsCAQMJAwESAgEB
Ag4ODgMDDwUHCAoLCQkGBgYGAAAAAA==

Copy that to the clipboard, go into the sim, and at the top is a "Paste from Clipboard" button.