General Questions

Started by D0m0nik, September 15, 2016, 01:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorrontis

Quote from: gakm4 on September 17, 2016, 05:59:36 PM
When making a map will it be possible to force people to use the predesignated fleet instead of a custom one?

Well, if they want to be on the leaderboard, they need to use the default.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

gakm4

Quote from: planetfall on September 17, 2016, 06:14:21 PM
When making a map will it be possible to force people to use the predesignated fleet instead of a custom one?

Yes, via PRPL, though that's a nasty trick that would likely get you lots of negative votes. Actually this gives me an idea... A custom map generator that uses the player-selected fleet as the seed, assuming the RNG works the same way as it did in CW3... hmm...
That makes me wonder if you could make it so someone only has acess to a few pre selected ships until a certain amount of time passes by and after that time they regain acess to their fleet.

My vision for a map like that would be you having a small fleet that got way in over their head and are trying to survive until reinforcements arrive.

Sorrontis

Once I'm more familiar with the whole game, I'll work on a PRPL for something familiar.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Karsten75

For the high scores is it possible to have custom and stock fleets to have a filter to see how you rank with people using the stock fleet instead of against people building the perfect custom fleet for a mission?

Will it be possible to hide completed maps in the exchange?

For each fleet type, there is a separate score category.

Ovalcircle

There is a feature where if the ship is built, you can click the ship icon on the left to select it from across the map. However the HQ ship isn't selected when clicking its icon in the bottom left, so could Virgil add this to the final build?
[REDACTED]

"If you are good at something, never do it."

Sorrontis

On the exchange, one of the maps on carousel does not have a detail button. It is there on the grid view there.

chwooly

Why would you want to?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

knucracker

Quote from: Sorrontis on September 17, 2016, 07:38:16 PM
On the exchange, one of the maps on carousel does not have a detail button. It is there on the grid view there.

Yeah, I screwed that up.  The bug has been there for a long time, just never triggered till now.  Just fixed it so a new build will be up in under an hour.

gakm4

Quote from: chwooly on September 17, 2016, 07:45:38 PM

Why would you want to?
If someone wants to create a senario with less than ideal ships to make it more difficult instead of just increasing the particles and if people bring in a good fleet they will likely downvote the mission for being to far to easy or whatever criteria people use for rating maps.

I feel like missions with less particles and weaker ships will give a good challenge and performance for people with not very good computers.

I will personally never make a map but i am just throwing ideas out there and hoping some real map makers make use of those.

FishintehPond

1. Will it only be available on Steam?
2. Any discount for those who bought the Creeper World games?
3. Also applies to CW3, but how do I update the game? Seems like I have to rebuy it, which is a bit bad for CW3, but a lot worse for Particle Fleet

Karsten75

Quote from: FishintehPond on September 18, 2016, 05:19:56 AM
1. Will it only be available on Steam?
2. Any discount for those who bought the Creeper World games?
3. Also applies to CW3, but how do I update the game? Seems like I have to rebuy it, which is a bit bad for CW3, but a lot worse for Particle Fleet

1. There will be a non-Steam version later. keeping the game updated while under development is just a lot easier on Steam since updates are automatic and it only download small increments of the game for the updates, so it's also faster.

2. When (if?) Virgil has bundles, then there will be discounts for buying a bundle. Steam has a mechanism now where if a developer creates a bundle, Steam will take account of previously purchased games in the same bundle to determine a price.  Fastpring (the company that handles sales from Virgil's website) does not have a similar mechanic. I do not believe Virgil has actively explored alternate ways to offer discounts to previous buyers and right now he probably doesn't have time since the deadline for relese is approaching like a speeding train.

3. For CW3: http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld3/patches.php  all previous games have similar pages. Once Particle Fleet is available, it will have a similar page.

Sorrontis

PRPL related.

Where can I find a (partially)complete list of PRPL commands? I'm ready to jump in, since I've made a map or two. I know  the wiki is the last priority for you guys right now.... Actually, do you want my help populating the PRPL wiki?

Karsten75

Quote from: Sorrontis on September 18, 2016, 01:32:22 PM
PRPL related.

Where can I find a (partially)complete list of PRPL commands? I'm ready to jump in, since I've made a map or two. I know  the wiki is the last priority for you guys right now.... Actually, do you want my help populating the PRPL wiki?

Best right now is if you take scripts in existing Story missions and other Exchange missoins. Planetfall got a lot of PRPL in his missions. Feel free to add and update wiki content.

There really isn't much more than what you see,

GoodMorning

I'll assist as well. Any new syntax might need a guide, though.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

GoodMorning

I see that the "preview" label is off the main menu, but still in-game. Intentional?

Also, Exchange #27 has a grey background in the mission select carousel, as opposed to the normal blue. Looking back, so do a few earlier missions. Cause?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.