Custom Map #2013: surival mode (Harder). By: Doogie

Started by AutoPost, April 26, 2015, 11:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2013: surival mode (Harder)

Author: Doogie
Size: 128x84

Desc:
3 times more spores and instead of 15 emiters its 25

Tyler21

This is pretty much the same map as the previous one. I will not report this map because I liked the previous one and I'll try to be as constructive as possible.
But don't be surprised if other players will and the map will be eventually removed.

For your information, quote from the "when to report maps" thread (underline by me):
"If the map is a copy of some other map with no changes.  I'm aware that changing one terrain cell constitutes a change... but the goal here is to allow maps that look almost the same, but play differently.  But we don't want people copying other maps and posting them over and over."

The negligible modifications you made do not change the map in any way: it's the exact same map and players have to apply the exact same strategy. Moreover, the issues that I've pointed out are still there: players receive absolute no info about AMTs or intervals. And I think the runner nest is still quite misleading. If it's an escape pod, why didn't you use a different image?

Next time, if you want to create more challenging maps, change the map itself, the terrain, the layout, the starting resources / techs or think about modifying some other important aspect rather than just making the exact same map a bit tougher by adding some new units.

Finally, about the difficulty: it's only a tiny bit more challenging. I beat in in about 15 mins, now it's running in the background so I can upload a score...
"Enjoyment appears at the boundary between boredom and anxiety, when the challenges are just balanced with the person's capacity to act."
― Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Check my collection of the 30 most difficult and challenging maps in Colonial Space!

TimeWeaver

I honestly don't get these maps.  You can complete them simply by not playing and letting the thing run.  Once the creeper destroys the runner nest, you win.

Doogie