Custom Map #575: Virgil Map. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, January 24, 2017, 04:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #575: Virgil Map

Author: FOXX
Size: 440x400

Desc:
An Ode to Virgil, The Man Who Brought [Brings] Us So Much Fun With His games. Destroy All !!! Have fun with this map A big thanks to Sorrontis for his help and information !!

yum-forum

Hard (especially - fast particles!), but very nice game! Too many particles (lag in game), but enjoyable!
Hope, gameplay and design will be good present for V!  :)
From me 10/10 and thanks!
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

FOXX

Quote from: yum-forum on January 25, 2017, 05:22:11 AM
Hard (especially - fast particles!), but very nice game! Too many particles (lag in game), but enjoyable!
Hope, gameplay and design will be good present for V!  :)
From me 10/10 and thanks!

Yeah, i lost a lot of ships in the middle section because of the fast particles.
On my laptop i tested the map with emitters and no mire spawners. After that i tested with mire spawners and no emitters.
With me the mire caused the most lag but yeah all systems react differently.
And thanks for the comment much appreciated from a excellent map maker yourself :)
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

D0m0nik

10/10, my favourite map of yours to date and a fitting tribute. I loved that there was a huge amount going on and lots of options for attack plus lots of sneaky ways to send omnis off on little missions:
Spoiler
the right side of the map is fairly unguarded and the top right has all sorts of possibilities, ship F belongs up there!
[close]

The only thing to confuse me a little was all of the ship icons around the map, they are selectable so I spent a while trying to nulifiy/connect them to power. They are actually just ornamental!

Didn't distract though, great map.

yum-forum

Quote from: D0m0nik on January 26, 2017, 03:33:36 PM

The only thing to confuse me a little was all of the ship icons around the map, they are selectable so I spent a while trying to nulifiy/connect them to power. They are actually just ornamental!

Yes. I also spend a lot of times to try activate something interesting in this ornament...  ;)
last

Sorrontis

I know, it's a great map. When he came to me with ideas, I was a little skeptical, but he really pulled it off magnificently. At first, I thought the ships wouldn't be well balanced enough, or too much of glass cannons or unworkable for players. It's one of my favorites too.

With a little more PRPL, he could have made some of those cores do interesting things. Maybe next map, huh, Foxx?
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

yum-forum

Quote from: Sorrontis on January 26, 2017, 03:49:22 PM
I know, it's a great map. When he came to me with ideas, I was a little skeptical, but he really pulled it off magnificently. At first, I thought the ships wouldn't be well balanced enough, or too much of glass cannons or unworkable for players. It's one of my favorites too.

With a little more PRPL, he could have made some of those cores do interesting things. Maybe next map, huh, Foxx?

As an idea: some of elements of beautiful ornaments will works as partial totem. By other words one or several elements after activation will work as totem, but not for all enemies (just destroy one or several enemies or enemies of certain types).

One more idea: after activation of some element (elements) will be  created new "ship pickup", "omni pickup", "blue emitter"  or something else (maybe not in the same place, but in any other place).

Third idea (if possible): more bigger size map, and if You activate some element of ornaments will appear (disclosure) new segment/part of map (possibly with land, enemies or emitters)!  :)  With this idea possible to create "flexible map" with different difficulty level upon demand of Player.
last

GoodMorning

If you're interested, I can help with scripts for these.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

Quote from: D0m0nik on January 26, 2017, 03:33:36 PM
10/10, my favourite map of yours to date and a fitting tribute. I loved that there was a huge amount going on and lots of options for attack plus lots of sneaky ways to send omnis off on little missions:
Spoiler
the right side of the map is fairly unguarded and the top right has all sorts of possibilities, ship F belongs up there!
[close]

Thank you for the feedback and the compliment.
I have played this map 4 times myself. Each time in a different way. I like this map a lot

And the most cores are for images only yes, Sorry for the time  yo
u spend on that
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

yum-forum

Quote from: GoodMorning on January 26, 2017, 05:09:02 PM

Unfortunately, I don't know how to use scripts yet...  :-[
last

FOXX

Quote from: Sorrontis on January 26, 2017, 03:49:22 PM

Yes the first setup was very bad. the letters were way to big. Glad it turned out to be like this.
You know the story Sorrontis. The inspiration came back  :)

And working on the next project with some great people  ;)
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

Quote from: yum-forum on January 26, 2017, 04:54:28 PM

As an idea: some of elements of beautiful ornaments will works as partial totem. By other words one or several elements after activation will work as totem, but not for all enemies (just destroy one or several enemies or enemies of certain types).

One more idea: after activation of some element (elements) will be  created new "ship pickup", "omni pickup", "blue emitter"  or something else (maybe not in the same place, but in any other place).

Third idea (if possible): more bigger size map, and if You activate some element of ornaments will appear (disclosure) new segment/part of map (possibly with land, enemies or emitters)!  :)

Good ideas, going to think about it
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

Hmm, we can do a version 2 of this map maybe?
Maybe implement some of Yum's ideas
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

yum-forum

Quote from: FOXX on January 26, 2017, 05:26:17 PM

Hmm, we can do a version 2 of this map maybe?
Maybe implement some of Yum's ideas

Really great game will be possible to create if can be realized 3-rd idea:
500x500 size map, and if You activate some element of ornaments will appear (disclosure) new segment/part of map (small mini-map possibly with land, enemies or emitters)! With this idea possible to create "flexible map" with different difficulty level upon demand of Player.

P.S. Interesting to get opinion of other participants of our Forum.  ;)
last

GoodMorning

Yum, while the concept is interesting, the 500x500 is not. Better, perhaps, to build more, smaller maps. This idea would turn into something like planetfall's "Fourth Time's The Charm" from CW3.

FOXX, maybe, but it might be more fun to try an entirely new map. (I feel some evil ideas coming - sacrifice of tech/ship plans for other bonuses, maybe?)
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.