Custom Map #574: Factory V2. By: Pusillanimous

Started by AutoPost, January 24, 2017, 02:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #574: Factory V2

Author: Pusillanimous
Size: 256x144

Desc:
An easier version of #473: Factory. More tech (partway), more energy, and easier access.

Anonymeus

The 8 or so mins time I just submitted is COMPLETELY FAKE! I tried to load a savegame and it took me directly to the completion screen...

GoodMorning

I can't think of anything in the scripts that could cause this (WinMission or relevant DestroyUnit are not present).

That being the case, could I have a save to try to debug with?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Anonymeus

Hi Sorrontis, can you let me know where to find it (non-steam user, not particularly clued on technically)?

Sorrontis

Quote from: Anonymeus on January 26, 2017, 02:21:04 PM
Hi Sorrontis, can you let me know where to find it (non-steam user, not particularly clued on technically)?

Did you confuse me with GoodMorning?  :o  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Instructions I'm assuming you're a windows user.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Anonymeus

Apologies to both! (yes, I am - an apparently somewhat tired - windows user... thanks!)

GoodMorning

Well, that's strange. Your save is of reasonable size, indicating there's some stuff on the map, but the map is blank when I load it. I think the file is corrupted, but I'll send it to V, just in case I've broken the saving system.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

knucracker

Some how or another there is a persisted queued conversation in that save that doesn't have the correct fields saved.  Might have been from a null conversation message. That's the best I can figure. I've added logic to protect against this and to handle this case during the load. So this mission will load in the next beta build (which I will try to do this weekend if I can get the last couple of items added to the build).