Possible bug - custom map #1097 (rework)

Started by mpp, May 16, 2012, 12:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpp

Several times on this map CW2 hung / stopped working on this map.  It was always when nullifiers were going off and trying to move large amounts of blasters at the same time.

The game wasn't totally unresponsive, I could click on some things, but nothing was moving on the screen and the sound was repeated explosion sounds from the nullifier blowing up emitters. 

Usually happened when I was moving LOTS of units as one group at the same time as the emitters were being blown up.  Moving lots of units, but split into different moves seemed to work fine.  E.g. instead of moving 30 units all at once, move 15 at once, then move the other 15.  All unit moves/selection were initiated while the game was paused.

2b3o4o

Hit control+alt+delete on your keyboard. Then try to reproduce the bug, you can use windows task manager to check your computers performance. If CPU usage is 100%, your computer just can't handle the game, if it's less than 80%, then it's probably a bug.

Karsten75

It could be a bug in the game that drives the CPU to 100%.

Having said that, there may just be too much going on.

Edit.  I checked and recall playing that map several times trying to get my time a bit lower. I had all the Nullifiers going off and so forth, but no issues game-wise.

There was another map where there was a severe lag (down to <4 fps) due to a concentrated number of explosions. I recall Fisherck commenting on it during map approval, but I don't recall which game it was.

knucracker

What version of the game are you running?  This could be an issue in early versions of the game.

Karsten75

Quote from: virgilw on May 16, 2012, 10:32:08 AM
What version of the game are you running?  This could be an issue in early versions of the game.

Oh yes.  I forgot about the recursive bug - but that was only if multiple Nexuses (Nexii?) were on the same map, right?

mpp

Quote from: virgilw on May 16, 2012, 10:32:08 AM

Version 0497.  I've always updated when it has asked me to.