Custom Map #840: Hiigaran Expedition P1 - Unknowable. By: Dark Ambition

Started by AutoPost, July 15, 2017, 08:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #840: Hiigaran Expedition P1 - Unknowable

Author: Dark Ambition
Size: 350x230

Desc:
[DA 3] Prologue - Part 1 After detecting an anomaly, the HDF sends an expedition to Protected Space...

Spaartan

I LOVE maps that have no ships or little to no doppels, it makes it feel more casual, actually reminds me of the campaign. Just remember that my fleet is at your disposal. (Just remember to add ships, later on, other than the massive ship we are looking for, we need its minions. Thanks  ;D)
At the end of the game, the Queen and the Pawn are put in the same box.

Dark Ambition

Quote from: Spaartan on July 15, 2017, 09:46:06 PM
I LOVE maps that have no ships or little to no doppels, it makes it feel more casual, actually reminds me of the campaign. Just remember that my fleet is at your disposal. (Just remember to add ships, later on, other than the massive ship we are looking for, we need its minions. Thanks  ;D)

Next few maps are gonna take a 180 in the 'no ships' area :P

I intended on adding another fleet in the third to last level. I wanted to add Helios Corporation, but he never responded to my PM. I can use your ships, though they'd have to be a Border Patrol fleet for GalCorp and Protected Space. Perhaps a contract request? After all, Eclipse Company's a bit busy.

Spoiler: That giant ship is the minion ;P

Spaartan

Just give me the go signal, I want to see the massive ship for myself. I have my own fleet ready. (Go modify it, might be too much vultures.)
Spoiler
[close]

FOXX

As i said yesterday I've played your Map today.
My findings:
Spoiler
I started with building some small ships and put one Heavy Cruiser down. AmpGem to MineProduction Increase. Then i placed some Omnis on the Islands and made sure the Particles didn't go behind the Plasma.
Hmm, 2 Ion Frigates and no Stunners. So they can be used for sacrifice.
Also the Frigates i used for Blocking Emitters if they get destroyed they don't take long to rebuild. [ the Same tactic i use in Decagons Maps]

After taking an Emitter and Energy Source [Right Side] i saw the DoppelBlobs and i noticed something. So i started over.
2nd Run Spoilers
I noticed that the sides were almost Particle Free and the Left DoppelSpawner could be reached with Omnis.
So i send 3 Omnis on each side upwards and could destroy 2 MireSpawners, 1 Emitter and the Left DoppelSpawner with these Omnis.
In the meantime, i pushed onwards with all of my build Ships and went from Leftside [Because of no DoppelShip there] to the other side and took over the Map. Didn't bother to destroy the DoppelShip.

I like the Fleet, nice Ships. I like the way i could sneak past the Particles. The setup of the map could use something more. Maybe a Stunner Spawner, maybe more spread out Emitters. Some sort of eye catcher.

I enjoyed this Map, not sure why it is rated so low. Maybe because of the generation of particles is heavy. I didn't mind, just a matter of building enough fire and ramming power to overtake these ones.
Another one?
So, what happens in 15 Minutes? :)
[close]
[close]
[close]
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Dark Ambition

Quote from: Spaartan on July 15, 2017, 11:47:26 PM
Just give me the go signal, I want to see the massive ship for myself. I have my own fleet ready. (Go modify it, might be too much vultures.)
Spoiler
[close]

[-Fleet Control: Online-]
Direct Ship-To-Ship Voice Chat Activated.
(A mechanical voice rings through the comm)

Salutations: I acknowledge your request to join the expedition, but I must decline.

Reasoning: With you being so deep in Collective space, the simple fact that the Hydraxil Collective hasn't smeared you across space-time yet is a massive anomaly in and of itself. It would make more sense if you were Hydraxil spies attempting to trick us----
[-Emergency Deactivation Protocol Engaged. Fleet Control: Offline-]

[Cpt] Helen Manaan: Sorry about Fleet Control's vulgar attitude... It doesn't seem to trust you, but I do. Fleet Control doesn't have the authority to decline.

I'm sending you coordinates for a rendezvous point. It should take about 2 or more days to exit the Rift Tunnel, which should be about the same time we arrive. If you arrive first, wait for us.

I recommend sending someone else to command your fleet. We are heading to GalCorp. If I remember correctly, you are GalCorp defectors. If you send someone they won't recognize, we can explain your fleet as mercenaries from Hiigara, they won't question much.

Spoiler
OOC: I very highly recommend not sending the Falcon commander.

Mega Spoiler
OOC: Seriously. Whoever you send, isn't coming back.
[close]
[close]

Spaartan

Ship-to-Ship Transmission:

Greetings Captain Helen Manaan

We have decided that instead of bringing our fleet, we will just give you permission to use our ships in this operation. We realized that this may be too risky and would rather not lose any lives in this operation thus we will not bring our HQ to help, instead, we will give you licenses to any of our heavy and capital ships.  The fleet control AI was very offensive but, understandable. Most AI have set commands and it would be reasonable to for it to be suspicious of us. If that was one of your high ranking officers that said that instead, we would have taken it as an act of declaring aggression towards us and we would have declared aggression against the HDF as well. Luckily your explanation saved that from happening. I trust you Captain Manaan, do not let too much friction happen between us, it would be a terrible feeling to declare war.

With best regards,
Captain Spaartan

Johnny Haywire

I'm not sure why this map has such insanely low ratings... maybe people want you to force people to defeat everything on the map for the victory condition?

I like the backstory - not too long and well-written. The ships are cool too (brings back memories from ~20 years ago). Also, you can turtle up pretty easily, or you can be aggressive and hit the map fast and hard. Either way can be successful.

I look forward to the rest of the series! Thanks for your map!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?