after playing the game, what do you want to see in the editor?

Started by thepenguin, May 14, 2011, 04:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranakastrasz

Quote from: The Commander on May 26, 2011, 09:04:03 AM
Spoiler
I want to see those sheilds from Bonus 10
[close]

I could make awesome infastructure maps with prebuilt stuff just mess around on  :D

Whats so special about those shields? They are normal shields, unless you mean the forces holding the creeper into certain shapes. The drips release when hitting a shield because it drags creeper with it, but the creeper cannot take up the same space as a shield, so it loses hold of the creeper, which then spreads out.

Edit: Lawl oops, Wrong special, thought you were talking about assault. Those are just basic fields, that push creeper away. If you enable the field line display, it's obvious how they work.

CobraKill

No the fact they hold infinite creeper but let things in and out
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

CobraKill

CobraKill

Ebon Heart

lol, the "show creeper fields" button does nothing for me for some reason! it's annoying.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

mthw2vc

I assure you, it works just fine. It just can't detect fields that aren't there... ;)

CobraKill

I want to see an area that if creeper gets in it certain fields will shut off. I could make human generated fields then and have an explanation  :)

J

An emitter that only starts when it's hit by creeper or a drone.

Ranakastrasz

I want to be able to make repulsor's applied force behaviors be customizable, and their effects to show up with the force toggle. For example, I think that a repulsor that could have differing effects for allied and enemy creeper, in that it works the same for enemy, but the allied forces will have a setup that will make it act kinda like in the level "the cooker, with force effects in the center going up (assuming pointing up, it can be rotated) and the sides pointing inward and upward (diagonally) So as to make them more useful for transferring friendly creeper without it dripping all over the place. Actually, I think adding this to the normal game as a test may be an interesting idea. However, I do NOT want this to delay the release of an original version of the editor.

CobraKill

Quote from: Ranakastrasz on May 27, 2011, 11:09:31 AM
I want to be able to make repulsor's applied force behaviors be customizable, and their effects to show up with the force toggle. For example, I think that a repulsor that could have differing effects for allied and enemy creeper, in that it works the same for enemy, but the allied forces will have a setup that will make it act kinda like in the level "the cooker, with force effects in the center going up (assuming pointing up, it can be rotated) and the sides pointing inward and upward (diagonally) So as to make them more useful for transferring friendly creeper without it dripping all over the place. Actually, I think adding this to the normal game as a test may be an interesting idea. However, I do NOT want this to delay the release of an original version of the editor.

What?

ontheworld

I'm guessing: repulsor effect customizable. His example: regular to normal creeper but keeping the good creeper stuck as in a field

CobraKill

Ranakastrasz

It would make the field, per block, look like this when pointing up, but only for friendly creeper.
Except That I cannot find any way to make the > and < point up as well as to the left/right
>^<
>^<
>^<

Basically, It would squeeze the friendly creeper into a line and force it in any direction, and it would look like the streams in some of the levels, such as level 10, "The Experiment" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIIkF7cLf_0&feature=related

thepenguin

"multiplicative ranges"

any creeper passing through these at (n*interval)+start has (creeperdensity*q)

n is a number (incrementing)

q is the amount that it is multiplied by
We have become the creeper...