Multiplayer Has Arrived!

Started by thepenguin, January 24, 2015, 07:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepenguin

This is something that I have been putting together in my spare time over the past couple of months.

This map is my attempt to turn CW3 into a turn-based strategy game.

Here's how it works: (Instructions)
1. You download the map, and open it (duh)
2. You unpause the map, then select whether you want to play as the humans or as the creeper.
3. You choose a passcode/PIN/4-digit number to play with
4. You then save the map and pass the save along to whoever you want to play against (via forums,email, or this thread*)
5. They choose their passcode
6. The creeper player gets to place their initial structures, (they are given an initial budget of 1500 CP (Creeper Points)
7. Then, they end their turn and pass the map to the human player, who is able to play for a certain amount of time before passing the map back.
8. While the human player is playing, the creeper player earns CP as the creeper covers terrain (like collectors)
9. Rinse and Repeat

I haven't really done much in the way of balancing, and there may be bugs that I have not found or features that are missing, so tell me if you have improvements to the map.

* I wouldn't mind if you all just posted the saves you wanted to exchange in this thread so we can watch how the games progress.
We have become the creeper...

Asbestos

Whoa. Years of dreams, finally a reality.

stdout

Oh, wow. Crazy. I can't wait to play with this some more.

stdout

I downloaded Asbestos' save file and when I unpaused it, it is asking me for a pin for player 2 (human) but it won't accept a pin number. I type and nothing happens. I try unpausing numerous times and the game seems to be moving (meaning it drops out of pause for a moment then bring the "Enter a pin number" box back up again. It just won't accept any numbers.

I tried it with your initial file in your first post here and was able to enter pins with no problem.

Lost in Nowhere

Either I'm doing something very wrong, but the creeper generates points prohibitively slowly; it takes far longer for the creeper to obtain a second emitter than it takes for the humans to build an army of berthas.
Also, if you want a more interesting (or, at least, more random) world generator, I have several scripts that you could modify into here.
Don't die! :)