How to set victory condition?

Started by Lukahna, January 05, 2015, 12:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukahna

I've just started dabbling with custom maps, so please forgive the extremely dumb question, but I've searched and come up empty. When I Create Finalized Map and play it, I don't get the victory dialog when all emitters are destroyed (and/or when the Inhibitor is destroyed on the map that has one). The gameplay just continues on. These maps do not use any CRPL or custom things of any kind; they're just normal terrain/unit maps for now.

I expected the normal victory condition of all emitters destroyed or inhibitor destroyed to trigger victory, or at least for there to be a pretty prominent option somewhere, and maybe there is and maybe I missed it. ;)

planetfall

Did you exit the editor and play it from the finalized list, or did you just hit the X and play it?

If you beat the map while still in the editor, it will not complete.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

teknotiss

Quote from: Lukahna on January 05, 2015, 12:14:52 PM
I've just started dabbling with custom maps, so please forgive the extremely dumb question, but I've searched and come up empty. When I Create Finalized Map and play it, I don't get the victory dialog when all emitters are destroyed (and/or when the Inhibitor is destroyed on the map that has one). The gameplay just continues on. These maps do not use any CRPL or custom things of any kind; they're just normal terrain/unit maps for now.

I expected the normal victory condition of all emitters destroyed or inhibitor destroyed to trigger victory, or at least for there to be a pretty prominent option somewhere, and maybe there is and maybe I missed it. ;)

have you looked in the coders corner?
these sort of questions should at least be linked in there as it's the repository of codes (and the lair of the code monkeys! ;))
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?board=25.0
this must have been answered already dude, have a poke about in there! hope that helps  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Asbestos

Double check that there are no structures left that count for victory. You might have accidentally put a AET or a CRPL core somewhere and forgot about it.

Lukahna

Quote from: planetfall on January 05, 2015, 02:27:10 PM
Did you exit the editor and play it from the finalized list, or did you just hit the X and play it?

If you beat the map while still in the editor, it will not complete.

Well planetfall, your reply was the epitome of hitting the nail on the head. :) That was exactly my problem. As soon as I played it from the Finalized list (and beat it), it completed normally. I figured it had to be something simple, but be danged if I could figure out what.

Many thanks to the other respondents, as well. Your advice will no doubt prove useful as I graduate into more complex maps. Looking forward to giving CRPL a whirl.

Quote from: teknotissthis must have been answered already dude,
That's exactly what I thought, but all my Google-fu (and forum-fu) failed to turn up anything relevant. Not that someone hasn't answered it already, I just couldn't find it.