The Return of Crazonium ??

Started by burguertime, April 12, 2014, 02:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burguertime

Can Crazonium come back? Is there a CRPL command to block link between units?
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

pawel345

Quote from: virgilw on January 23, 2014, 01:51:46 PM

Crazonium... maybe but not today.

So I guess we wait and see :D There is no way right now. Best way now is a long stretch of void about 20+ cells wide.
But rather than Crazonium I would like something that just blocks connections. You can anyway block creeper so if someone wanted a Crazonium then just block the connection to that cell and add terrainOverlay to 5000000 and it will block both, but if one wants to block just the connection then it should also be possible.

J

Quote from: pawel345 on April 12, 2014, 06:53:40 AM
[...], but if one wants to block just the connection then it should also be possible.
You can manually transport creeper from one side of the crazonium to the other side using CRPL. Remember that map where creeper could go from one side of the map to the other side of the map?

pawel345

Yes I know you can do pretty much anything you want with the creeper at the moment. I was just saying that I think that if the ability to block connections will be implemented, I thing it should be simply something to set for each cell separately, like the current field commands or the terrain overlay command work. Then it would be more versatile and would give more possibilities to the map maker. For example one could define a large field where no connections would work to force the player to juggle units in and out of it. And so on.

Asbestos

But what if someone who is a newbie or new to programming wants to have crazonium in their map? Maybe they don't want to have to make a crazonium texture and code all of the stuff in there.

Vanguard

Quote from: Asbestos on April 12, 2014, 10:57:16 AM
But what if someone who is a newbie or new to programming wants to have crazonium in their map? Maybe they don't want to have to make a crazonium texture and code all of the stuff in there.

Well, new or not new to programming, if anyone gets around to create a crazonium script, he can easily copy it form the coder´s corner. Copy&Paste without understanding  ??? what the script itself does does work for me most of the times.  ::)

Speaking of which: Is there a script for crazy-onion? Because I have no idea how I´d even start working on that.