Drones can have auto attack

Started by SPIFFEN, January 26, 2010, 10:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPIFFEN

All other towers shoot auto if you dont turn it off ,
what if we can choose that Drones auto attack after refill / charge ?

When turn on auto , they can aim for the strongest creeper on the map ,
or aim for the last chosen attack point . ( have to choose attack point as before , but attack again after refill / charge ) .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Siccles

I would rather go on playing cw and not let the computer play it for me by automating everything

SPIFFEN

You dont use much Drones i think Siccles =P ( you finnish the maps before the Drones are done )
So why not be abel to make them attack auto to the last choisen point after refill / recharge ?

Then you can keep on working with moving other towers to where you need them ,
or build other towers .

I think it would make more solutions to finnish the maps that have Drones ,
and make more players to try to get an better score .

PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
How to make links

Aurzel

more reasons to make the game easier for lazy people? cant be bothered to select where the drone targets?

SPIFFEN

On some maps there is'nt good when Drones attack auto ,
and the auto might / should be on the last attack point .

Yes i'm lazy ,
but the maps gets harder after the better the mapmakers get ,
so this might be an good thing for newer players .
( and me and other bad players =P )
How to make links

djcian

i always forget to send drones to attack when i do have them (rarely) but i find that most maps do not require drones and the drone does not help me that much.
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

Karsten75

Quote from: djcian on January 26, 2010, 06:39:54 PM
i always forget to send drones to attack when i do have them (rarely) but i find that most maps do not require drones and the drone does not help me that much.

I too forget the drones when I get busy. I even forget that I can place units when I press pause.  So I use drones less often than I might. But there are some maps (like the plains map) that simply cannot be won without drones, unless you are Siccles.

I think auto drones would be nice, and even nicer would be waypoints for drones so you can set up a bombing run.

knucracker

From a design perspective, CW touches a few different fundamental concepts with its units (and enemies). 

There are only two fundamental weapons; blaster and mortars.  These weapons work in notably different ways.  One fires at the closest creeper and does shallow damage quickly.  The other fires at the deepest creeper and does deep damage slowly.

The SAM is only to counter the spores.

The drone is the only manually targeted weapon.  It does deep damage where specified over a longer interval.

An of course Thor combines all of these attributes in the game's final super weapon.  It damages fast, near and deep like both blasters and mortars.  It fires SAMs at spores, and it can be manually targeted (you fly it around).

These basic weapons and attributes (and the combination of all within Thor) is carefully planned to provide the player the fundamental concepts of weaponry within a compact RTS title via the smallest number of units and concepts.

Now all that said, I could certainly probably get away with adding the option to enable auto-targeting/launching to drone pads.  And way-points might be nice as well.

Shadow14l

Quote from: virgilw on January 26, 2010, 08:43:16 PMThe drone is the only manually targeted weapon.  It does deep damage where specified over a longer interval.

An of course Thor combines all of these attributes in the game's final super weapon.  It damages fast, near and deep like both blasters and mortars.  It fires SAMs at spores, and it can be manually targeted (you fly it around).

These basic weapons and attributes (and the combination of all within Thor) is carefully planned to provide the player the fundamental concepts of weaponry within a compact RTS title via the smallest number of units and concepts.

Now all that said, I could certainly probably get away with adding the option to enable auto-targeting/launching to drone pads.  And way-points might be nice as well.
You should at least be able to turn on an option that automates the launches (it keeps shooting in the same targeted spot, but it's off by default). Most of the time I want to aim my drones at a specific spot and have them immediately keep going back and destroying the creeper. Usually the target is the emitters themselves or the holes.