Custom Map #1591: FPS: Get the Horns. By: Heritor

Started by AutoPost, May 19, 2021, 09:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1591: FPS: Get the Horns

Author: Heritor
Size: 320x200

Zarem

Small bug didn't win the after destroying the creeper lab and hade 0/0 nullify enemies. Did win after geting the reclaim objective (already had totems, hold and items objectives).

OmegaJasam

Good fun. Might need to disable the AI from building nullifiers thou?

Deadl0ck

I normally avoid Heritor maps these days, as I am not a fan of mazes for the sake of mazes... this was actually a very fun map to play. Cheers!

Niflthaena

Quote from: Zarem on May 19, 2021, 10:48:50 AM
Small bug didn't win the after destroying the creeper lab and hade 0/0 nullify enemies. Did win after geting the reclaim objective (already had totems, hold and items objectives).

Had a very similar issue. "Nullify enemies: 0/0, incomplete". A couple of the sleeper mortars in the creeper lab had left their mortar blobs behind, frozen in midair; sniping those blobs completed the objective.

No relation to the reclaim objective on my end; that was completed well before the nullify objective completed.

Other than this, the map was really fun. The mastodons are fearsome; a little suicidal, but unstoppable with backup. Roaming at their side is a really heady feeling.

Durikkan

Quote from: Zarem on May 19, 2021, 10:48:50 AM

It seems to be an oversight in the script that declares victory in the event you haven't nullified anything.  It counts eggs as enemies, so you won't get the nullification victory until all eggs are killed (which you'd pretty much automatically have happen if you go for all objectives, but could be a problem if someone wanted to finish early)
I'm known as Auri in cw4.

urfacecafru

I've had an annoying bug where the wall to the right hand side of the rift lab ended up with the AI completely unable to build there, whether it's because of something being moved into a spot where a tower is supposed to be or something entirely different, it made securing that side significantly harder.

Shatterstep

For some reason when I pause I can't bring up the upgrade menu. Note that in the instructions it specifically mentions pausing when using the upgrade menu.

If I leave it un-paused I can bring it up though.

Shatterstep

For anyone having issues seeing because of all the buildings, enable '"Hide Paths" options in the visibility panel (right side of screen, visibility panel is a drop-down). Makes it much easier to see where you are going once things have built up.

Nice map, Heritor, thanks muchly :)

Mique

I enjoyed this map, once I figured out the workaround to a small bug.  You have to press <KEYPAD-4> BEFORE your pause (P). If you do P then K-4, it doesn't show the Upgrade panel.  This is different from other FPS colonies.

Thanks for making it!

CS Z

A rare treat:  An actually enjoyable and playable Heritor map!

Ditto on the bugs with the pause/upgrade panel and 0/0 enemies.  No other issues than those.